Report wrongly marked as "fixed"

2005-03-22 06:20:45 AM
off-topic1
Last week, John Kaster marked report 10669 as fixed, which would suggest
that Delphi 2005 Update 2 gave the TWideStrings class a GetEnumerator
method. I think I've installed the update correctly, but TWideStrings
still has no such method.
--
Rob

Re:Report wrongly marked as "fixed"

Rob Kennedy wrote:
Last week, John Kaster marked report 10669 as fixed,
I ran the update batch, which is linked to the internal system. I
didn't actually personally look at this report. Looks like a sysop
needs to flag it.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
Rob Kennedy wrote:
>Last week, John Kaster marked report 10669 as fixed,

I ran the update batch, which is linked to the internal system. I
didn't actually personally look at this report. Looks like a sysop
needs to flag it.
It's been two months, and the report is still marked as fixed. Were a
sysop to flag it, would there be any way to recognize that in the QC client?
--
Rob

{smallsort}

Rob Kennedy wrote:
It's been two months, and the report is still marked as fixed. Were a
sysop to flag it, would there be any way to recognize that in the QC
client?
I changed the report status back to Open but I am not sure how to clear
the resolution (which still says fixed).
I also opened the report mentioned in the comment as well as creating 2
new reports for TCOmponentList and TClassList and opening those.
Defect No: 10790 ( RAID: 224143 ) Status: Open
TObjectList.GetEnumerator enumerates Pointer instead of TObject
qc.borland.com/wc/wc.exe/details
Defect No: 12907 ( RAID: 224144 ) Status: Open
TComponentList.GetEnumerator enumerates Pointer instead of TComponent
qc.borland.com/wc/wc.exe/details
Defect No: 12908 ( RAID: 224145 ) Status: Open
TClassList.GetEnumerator enumerates Pointer instead of TClass items
qc.borland.com/wc/wc.exe/details
cheers,
Jeremy
--
www.jed-software.com

JED wrote:
I changed the report status back to Open but I am not sure how to
clear the resolution (which still says fixed).
You can't get rid of the resolution, but you can create a new
resolution record with nothing in the resolution field and a comment.
--
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH

JED wrote:
I changed the report status back to Open but I am not sure how to
clear the resolution (which still says fixed).
What Craig said. All previous activity on the bug is important. If a
bug has been opened and closed multiple times, it's a problem bug that
should be identified.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:Report wrongly marked as "fixed"

On 19 May 2005 06:17:59 -0700, "John Kaster (Borland)"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
If a bug has been opened and closed multiple times, it's a
problem bug that should be identified.
A buggy bug! Is there a specific area in QC for this already?
;)
- Asbjrn

Lord Crc wrote:
A buggy bug! Is there a specific area in QC for this already?
yes. It's qc.borland.com :P
--

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
Rob Kennedy wrote:
>Last week, John Kaster marked report 10669 as fixed,

I ran the update batch, which is linked to the internal system. I
didn't actually personally look at this report. Looks like a sysop
needs to flag it.
Looks like you did it again. You marked the report as fixed when, as far
as I can tell, WideStrings.pas wasn't even changed at all in Update 3.
(I realize it was a batch, and not you personally, but the report's got
your name on it.)
I see three explanations:
1. The links to the internal system aren't right, so unfixed bugs are
marked fixed, and presumably fixed bugs aren't.
2. Your co-workers are claiming to have fixed things that they never fixed.
3. The fixes are being made in files other than the ones you end up
releasing in updates.
Some other reports recently closed as fixed but that are't really fixed:
1194
Make CPU Window area multi-line copyable
This one might actually be fixed, but since there's no way to *select*
multiple lines in the CPU window, there's no way to tell whether copying
multiple lines to the clipboard is really possible. So if this one is
fixed, I'd like to know how anyone tested it to be sure. (This was
marked fixed in Update 2, not Update 3.)
4624
A way to set both Width and Height of TBitmap (speed reason)
TBitmap appears to have no new methods, certainly none that would
acheive what the report requested.
9712
The XML documentation feature doesn't associate comments with the
correct symbols
Even the test case provided in the report doesn't work.
11106
Error in TWidestrings
The bug complained that the use of CharNextW in some TWideStrings
methods prohibits the code from running in Windows 95. The code still
calls CharNextW, so what has really been fixed? (This too was marked
fixed after Update 2, not Update 3.)
--

Rob Kennedy wrote:
John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
>Rob Kennedy wrote:
>>Last week, John Kaster marked report 10669 as fixed,
>
>I ran the update batch, which is linked to the internal system. I
>didn't actually personally look at this report. Looks like a sysop
>needs to flag it.

Looks like you did it again. You marked the report as fixed when, as
far as I can tell, WideStrings.pas wasn't even changed at all in
Update 3. (I realize it was a batch, and not you personally, but the
report's got your name on it.)
I'm not doing anything this time. It sounds like a backend issue that
needs to be fixed properly.
--
www.jed-software.com

Re:Report wrongly marked as "fixed"

Rob Kennedy wrote:
Looks like you did it again.
There is a data updating issue we're tracking down.
I see three explanations:
You missed the most correct one: The fix has not been released yet
--

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
Rob Kennedy wrote:

>Looks like you did it again.

There is a data updating issue we're tracking down.

>I see three explanations:

You missed the most correct one: The fix has not been released yet
Does this mean, update 3 had been released incomplete, another update
is on the way, or the QC update batch has marked things fixed that are
already fixed in an upcoming versions of Delphi (2006)?

Jan Mitrovics wrote:
Does this mean, update 3 had been released incomplete, another update
is on the way, or the QC update batch has marked things fixed that are
already fixed in an upcoming versions of Delphi (2006)?
According to a message Tim Del Chiaro posted on delphi.non-tech, it
seems that the "upcoming versions" alternative is correct.
--
Leonel

Re:Report wrongly marked as "fixed"

This one: