Error: Cannot load driver

2006-05-15 09:19:32 PM
off-topic12
Hi,
recently, after installation of windows service pack 2,
when i lanch 2 application that use bde, on the second i recive Cannot load
driver.
anyone can help me?
i can't de-instal sp2.
regards
daniele

Re:Error: Cannot load driver

Hi Daniele -
Lookup IEradicate on Google - that should completely remove IE from your
system.
Go get Mozilla FireFox and Thunderbird from the internet - they are free and
I think they are better products.
If that does not appeal to you, which driver is not being loaded, or does
the message not say?
bigMike
"Daniele Barbato" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
recently, after installation of windows service pack 2,
when i lanch 2 application that use bde, on the second i recive Cannot
load
driver.

anyone can help me?

i can't de-instal sp2.

regards
daniele

Re:Error: Cannot load driver

Can you give more details about the error? Does it say what driver?
Do you know from the application which driver it is? Is this some
third-party application you purchased or is it one you created? The
more information you give, the more likely someone can help you.
Is there an ODBC data source involved?
Liz
Daniele Barbato wrote:

recently, after installation of windows service pack 2,
when i lanch 2 application that use bde, on the second i recive Cannot load
driver.

anyone can help me?

i can't de-instal sp2.

regards
daniele

{smallsort}

Re:Error: Cannot load driver

"bigMike" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi Daniele -
Lookup IEradicate on Google - that should completely remove IE from your
system.

Go get Mozilla FireFox and Thunderbird from the internet - they are free
and
I think they are better products.

If that does not appeal to you, which driver is not being loaded, or does
the message not say?

bigMike

Error message is raised from bde-application, not from ie.

Re:Error: Cannot load driver

Sorry Darlin', I misunderstood. You spoke about service pak 2 and allot of
those problems had IE involved.. sometimes I wonder why I wear glasses ;-)
bigMike

Re:Error: Cannot load driver

What driver?
What database are you using?
What is the complete text of the error message including the error
number?
Are you starting two instances of the same program or are you starting
two different programs, both of which use the BDE?
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Error: Cannot load driver

"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio
What driver?

What database are you using?

What is the complete text of the error message including the error
number?

Are you starting two instances of the same program or are you starting
two different programs, both of which use the BDE?

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
Hi,
i use dbase (.dbf) database.
complete error is "Cannot load driver" error number is 15877 ($3E05)
My scenario is:
all application that use .dbf and bde start and work fine with other bde
applications.
only one application, that use bde and dbf, when start and i open a table
like
try
DM.Rivend.Open;
except
on e : EDatabaseError
do MessageDlg('Errore:'+#13+e.message+'
'+IntToStr(EDBEngineError(e).Errors[0].ErrorCode), mtError, [mbOK], 0);
end;
i recive the error.
if i start first tha application that do an error, first time work fine, but
if i start a new process of this or other bde application, on all other
application i recive the error.
I think that error is in one application, but where?
Exception type is EDBEngineError, this can help you?
any idea?

Re:Error: Cannot load driver

news:4469030b$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>What driver?
>
>What database are you using?
>
>What is the complete text of the error message including the error
>number?
>
>Are you starting two instances of the same program or are you
>starting two different programs, both of which use the BDE?
>
>-- Bill Todd (TeamB)

Hi,
i use dbase (.dbf) database.

complete error is "Cannot load driver" error number is 15877 ($3E05)

My scenario is:
all application that use .dbf and bde start and work fine with other
bde applications.

only one application, that use bde and dbf, when start and i open a
table like try
DM.Rivend.Open;
except
on e : EDatabaseError
do MessageDlg('Errore:'+#13+e.message+'
'+IntToStr(EDBEngineError(e).Errors[0].ErrorCode), mtError, [mbOK],
0); end;

i recive the error.

if i start first tha application that do an error, first time work
fine, but if i start a new process of this or other bde application,
on all other application i recive the error.

I think that error is in one application, but where?

Exception type is EDBEngineError, this can help you?

any idea?
No, no idea. I have never heard of that error happening with the dBase
driver.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Error: Cannot load driver

Hi,
I recognized similar problems. Some applications throw this error (3E05)
when the BDE is already in use by another application. It turned out, that
initializing the BDE.
Apparently the problem arised with ADO 2.8, which seems to initialize the
BDE in a way that's not compatible with the usage of the BDE API.
To avoid this problems it's necessary to initialize the BDE and load the
required drivers prior to creating an ADO connection. This can be done
either implicitly by opening a database with the BDE or explicitly by
calling the API functions DbiInit() and DbiLoadDriver().
In my case (Delphi, dBASE) this means:
use DBTables, BDE;
:
Check(DbiInit(nil));
Check(DbiLoadDriver(szDBASE));
Instead of calling DbiInit() you can alternatively use "Session.Open" which
might pass additional stuff in the DBIEnv structure.
Keep in mind to ensure that these calls are made before your application
creates its first ADO connection! (Delphi: when using TADOConnection
components on a form, this means that TForm.OnCreate is not suitable!).
Furthermore it's not the best practice to load some drivers before they are
really needed. For instance an application using the BDE only for some
imports should not fail to start due to missing drivers, etc.
Marx

"Marx" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio

I recognized similar problems. Some applications throw this error (3E05)
when the BDE is already in use by another application. It turned out, that
initializing the BDE.
Hi Marx, thank you.
I see that the problem is ADO connection but i don't fount the solution.
now with your suggestion work fine.
thank you.
daniele