Application Deployment problem!

Hi!
I have created an application in Delphi 6 that uses Oracle 9i Database using
BDE. I have made its setup with InstallShield DevStudio 9.
I have also selected the BDE 5.111.1 Merge Module as in Setup. Furthermore I
have also used the Dynamid Dependency Scanner tool to select the required
dll files. After completing setup when I tested it on a machine where newly
Windows XP professional was installed, It executed but when a database
operation is performed it gives an EDBEngineError. "Could not find object".
I have obtained the detailed error information its given bellow
Message: Could not find object.
Category: 34
Error Code: 8712
SubCode: 8
Native Error: 0
I have to deploy this application on the day after tomorrow so Please let me
know what to do? How to solve it?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ahmad Jalil Qarshi

Re:Application Deployment problem!

I have downloaded the BDE 5.2 and installed it now the error "Could not find
object" is fixed but I am getting an other error.
"ORA-01012 Not logged on".
Anybody there to help me.
Ahmad Jalil Qarshi
"Ahmad Jalil Qarshi" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

Borland stopped developing and maintaining the BDE years ago. The SQL
Links drivers for Oracle and all other database servers have been
deprecated. I strongly suggest that you not use the BDE. Use dbExpress,
ADO or third party components for Oracle apps.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

{smallsort}

Ahmad Jalil Qarshi wrote:
I have downloaded the BDE 5.2 and installed it now the error "Could not
find object" is fixed but I am getting an other error.

"ORA-01012 Not logged on".
The deployment targets have the Oracle client installed?
The BDE Administrator has your Alias defined (I personally don't like to
use Aliases, using a TDataset to dynamically log in & such)
If at all possible, don't use the BDE. It hasn't supported Oracle for a
long time. Delphi 6 includes a tab called "dbGo" or "ADO" - use a
TADOConnection, TADOQuery, etc. Install the Oracle OleDB client, MDAC,
and your application.
--
-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'