Re: Who was your favorite speaker?

On 07 Nov 2003, "John Herbster \(TeamB\)" <herb-sci1_AT_sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
Who was your favorite speaker or what was your
favorite session or keynote address at Borcon 2003?
I'd have to say Lino Tadros:
"COM is like smoking. If you've never done it don't start and if you do
smoke you need to quit". <g>
He used this line in at least two sessions and it will still funny the
second time around.
--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re:Re: Who was your favorite speaker?

Who was your favorite speaker or what was your
favorite session or keynote address at Borcon 2003?
Mine was Steve Teixeira's session #3258
"Security Overview for Software Developers"

Re:Re: Who was your favorite speaker?

I'd have to say Lino Tadros:

"COM is like smoking. If you've never done it don't start and if you do
smoke you need to quit". <g>
I agree!
That was one of the funniest lines I heard from him as well.
Robert Love

{smallsort}

In borland.public.conference, "John Herbster (TeamB)" <>wrote in message
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...

Who was your favorite speaker or what was your
favorite session or keynote address at Borcon 2003?
Scott Ambler, by far and away.
--
***Free Your Mind***

Re:Re: Who was your favorite speaker?

I'd have to say Lino Tadros:
Lino's always worth seeing - he's one of the best speakers around. Great
knowledge and very entertaining at the same time.
If anyone in the UK fancies seeing him again, he'll be doing
masterclasses in London and Reading on Dec 2 and 4 (see
www.ukbug.co.uk and http://www,dotnetuk.com for details)
Cheers,
Jim Cooper
Jim Cooper XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Tabdee Ltd www.tabdee.ltd.uk
TurboSync - Connecting Delphi with your Palm

"Jim Cooper" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

>I'd have to say Lino Tadros:

Lino's always worth seeing - he's one of the best speakers around. Great
knowledge and very entertaining at the same time.

If anyone in the UK fancies seeing him again, he'll be doing
masterclasses in London and Reading on Dec 2 and 4 (see
www.ukbug.co.uk and http://www,dotnetuk.com for details)
And if you are based in Australia then this might interest you :
www.adug.org.au/meetings/symposia/tadros2003/default.htm
Linos doing a delphi & .net developer workshop in Brisbane, Sydney,
Melbourne & Adelaide starting Nov 18
--
Regards
Vincent Parrett

Re:Re: Who was your favorite speaker?

I'd have to review all of the sessions I attended for a thorough answer. But
the off-the-top-of-my-head answer for favorite speaker is Jim Cooper. Marco
Cantu's sessions are always worthwhile, too.
Phil Frank
"John Herbster (TeamB)" <herb-sci1_AT_sbcglobal.net>wrote in message

Who was your favorite speaker or what was your
favorite session or keynote address at Borcon 2003?

Mine was Steve Teixeira's session #3258
"Security Overview for Software Developers"

Re:Re: Who was your favorite speaker?

But the off-the-top-of-my-head answer for favorite speaker is Jim Cooper.
Thanks very much :-)

"Phil Frank" <frankp01 at bellatlantic.net>wrote in message
I'd have to review all of the sessions I attended for a thorough answer.
But
the off-the-top-of-my-head answer for favorite speaker is Jim Cooper.
Marco
Cantu's sessions are always worthwhile, too.
I like Marco's books but I find his accent a bit too thick to parse in real
time. Maybe if I listened more it would be easier.
Is there any chance of recording the audio from these sessions? The
speakers would not need to do anything else, and all the questions and
comments from the audience could be captured too.
Kirk Halgren