Delphi resource -> ASM res

2007-01-15 06:21:07 AM
off-topic15
Hi All,
How to convert the Delphi7 resource file with DFM extension to use in TASM?
Or how to extract resources from EXE? I know there are such programs but
when I quickly need them, I cannot found in NET :-( .
Thanks
Ivan

Re:Delphi resource -> ASM res

Ivan Kossey wrote:
Or how to extract resources from EXE? I know there are such programs but
when I quickly need them, I cannot found in NET :-( .
Resource Hacker
www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

Re:Delphi resource -> ASM res

Thanks, Bob
but for Delphi the technology does not work. The resources extracted from
exe have nothing to do with Delphi forms and their controls. Apparently
after Delphi linking the resources are hidden.
I have Delphi source code, therefore the .DFM files. How to convert them
to resource files for assembler?
Thanks and regards
Ivan
"Bob Gonder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Ivan Kossey wrote:

>Or how to extract resources from EXE? I know there are such programs but
>when I quickly need them, I cannot found in NET :-( .

Resource Hacker
www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

{smallsort}

Re:Delphi resource -> ASM res

I am assuming that Delphi has similar options to those found in C++ Builder.
Try changing the option in Delphi to save DFM files as text. You should
then be able to make sense of it.
Also note that the VCL uses program-created windows for forms and not
dialogs. Therefore the DFM information for forms does not directly
translate to *.res file information that your assembly program can use. You
will have to use the information in the assembly code and data to construct
the windows.
. Ed
news:45acf93c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Ivan Kossey" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi All,

How to convert the Delphi7 resource file with DFM extension to use in
TASM?
Or how to extract resources from EXE? I know there are such programs but
when I quickly need them, I cannot found in NET :-( .

Thanks
Ivan

Hi, Ivan,
You can extract resources from EXE. A google search will give you many
tools, eg, exescope.
But the DFM resource is useless for your TASM program because the DFM
resource is only some descriptions of the Delphi's VCL's class, properties,
events, etc.
So to use DFM you must have VCL or at lease simulate it in your ASM
code. But that's very complex work.
If you want to do GUI in ASM, just find a good dialog box editor to
generate the standard Windows resource.
Delphi Form is not for ASMers. :-(

Re:Delphi resource -> ASM res

Ivan Kossey wrote:
Hi All,

How to convert the Delphi7 resource file with DFM extension to use in TASM?
Maybe you ask for too much. DFMEdit may help...
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dfmedit/
Or how to extract resources from EXE? I know there are such programs but
when I quickly need them, I cannot found in NET :-( .

Thanks
Ivan

Re:Delphi resource -> ASM res

Thanks Mach,
Thanks, Your link is interesting. But DFMEdit does not export dfms in rc.
Source code of DFMEdit is also available but I cannot compile it in Delphi7.
Perhaps it was developed in Delphi 3.
I want indeed too much. Can I at least found a complete description of
resource files except MSDN?
regards
Ivan

Maybe you ask for too much. DFMEdit may help...
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dfmedit/

>Or how to extract resources from EXE? I know there are such programs but
>when I quickly need them, I cannot found in NET :-( .
>
>Thanks
>Ivan

Re:Delphi resource -> ASM res

Thanks, Koms Bomb,

You can extract resources from EXE. A google search will give you many
tools, eg, exescope.

I seeked in google about two hours before I posted. I tryed the Resource
Hacker
suggested by Bob Gonder but it is useless (see my answer to Bob).
But the DFM resource is useless for your TASM program because the DFM
resource is only some descriptions of the Delphi's VCL's class,
properties,
events, etc.
So to use DFM you must have VCL or at lease simulate it in your ASM
code. But that's very complex work.
I know that I cannot compile Delphi into Assembler. I want only some partial
automation by rewriting my Delphi program to Assembler.
Perhaps were useful to translate the DFMs into Assembler code which creates
the controls and loop for processing of Windows messages.
I think there is no such program.
Delphi Form is not for ASMers. :-(

Unfortunately...
regards
Ivan

Re:Delphi resource -> ASM res

Ivan Kossey wrote:
I want indeed too much. Can I at least found a complete description of
resource files except MSDN?
This looks like a very good MSDN link
msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp
I also think SourceForge has resource editors (rc variety) that you
might use or look at the source for ideas/info. see...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_%28Windows%29

Re:Delphi resource -> ASM res

"Ivan Kossey" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I know that I cannot compile Delphi into Assembler. I want only some
partial
automation by rewriting my Delphi program to Assembler.
Perhaps were useful to translate the DFMs into Assembler code which
creates
the controls and loop for processing of Windows messages.
I think there is no such program.
You said you want to rewrite the program.
So why not to recreate the rc file from scratch instead of translating
from DFM?
DFM has big differences with RC files.
If you want to do heavy GUI in asm, you should be ready to take hard
working. Processing Windows message is really dull.
Good luck. :-)

Re:Delphi resource -> ASM res

Hi Ivan,
[...]
I know that I cannot compile Delphi into Assembler.
[...]
Sorry, I cannot agree. There is DCU32INT by Alexei Hmelnov:
hmelnov.icc.ru/DCU/