Folder still exists after renaming it

2007-10-30 06:05:27 AM
off-topic7
We are using StarTeam 5.2. In a project with one view, I renamed a folder by going to folder properties and changed the name. The folder appears changed in the StarTeam client. However, when I use an ant script to build using the STCheckout task, the older folder is retrieved from the repository. The newly renamed folder is also retrieved. Why does this older folder exist? Is there a way to remove it from the repository? Thank you.
-Andy

Re:Folder still exists after renaming it

Andy wrote:

We are using StarTeam 5.2. In a project with one view, I renamed a
folder by going to folder properties and changed the name. The folder
appears changed in the StarTeam client. However, when I use an ant
script to build using the STCheckout task, the older folder is
retrieved from the repository. The newly renamed folder is also
retrieved. Why does this older folder exist? Is there a way to remove
it from the repository? Thank you. -Andy
I don't know much about ST 5.2, ant scripts or STCheckout tasks.
What I do know is dat you *never* can remove anything from StarTeam:
everything that has been added to the repository is a part of the
history of your project, and will allways stay.
This means that when you rename an obect at a certain moment, StarTeam
will allways remember that it had the other name before that time. Just
go to "Select Configuration" in the View menu, and select a moment
before the change. You will see the object with its old name, until you
set the Configuration back to "Current".
It looks like in your case some process doesn't realize on what
Configuration it should focus, so you see the object twice, with both
its names. I don't know how this can happen (sorry...).
Tiedo
--

Re:Folder still exists after renaming it

Andy,
In the Properties for the folder, there are two locations that the name
needs to be changed. At the top is the name property which you have changed.
But also, near the bottom of the dialog is the "Working Folder" property.
This also needs to be changed. (Learned this the hard way).
Jeff
"Andy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

We are using StarTeam 5.2. In a project with one view, I renamed a folder
by going to folder properties and changed the name. The folder appears
changed in the StarTeam client. However, when I use an ant script to build
using the STCheckout task, the older folder is retrieved from the
repository. The newly renamed folder is also retrieved. Why does this
older folder exist? Is there a way to remove it from the repository? Thank
you.
-Andy

{smallsort}