Connection errors

2006-11-17 12:57:29 AM
off-topic9
Hello.
I've been using Delphi 6 + IB 6.02 + DataSnap for a long time and since i started to use, i got some connection erros in diferent combinations of servers and clients. The most frequent are these :
The RPC server is unavailable
An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket
The erros does not occur always but when it occurs, the only way to solve it is to restart the server. I've been researching this erros for a long time but got no success in solving it.
Any ideas would be very, very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Re:Connection errors

hi,
no ideas ? i've been posting this question for a while but never get an answer. i need to know if this is a known delphi's bug, or if the problem is on my application. team b, please help.
this is not an isolated problem ; all applications in my company have these issues.
thanks
viana
"viana" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Hello.

I've been using Delphi 6 + IB 6.02 + DataSnap for a long time and since i started to use, i got some connection erros in diferent combinations of servers and clients. The most frequent are these :

The RPC server is unavailable
An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket

The erros does not occur always but when it occurs, the only way to solve it is to restart the server. I've been researching this erros for a long time but got no success in solving it.

Any ideas would be very, very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re:Connection errors

I have no idea what is causing your problem however, a Google groups
search for Delphi, DataSnap and the string "The RPC server is
unavailable" produces only three results so I suspect this is not a
common problem.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

{smallsort}

Re:Connection errors

thank you for your reply bill.
as far as i have researched, it appears to be a problem caused by some question about DHCP ; it seems that a client machine looses its IP and then the connection with the server is broken.
i don't know how to proceed as i already tried a lot of things to solve it, but still remains.
my customers usually have about 30 client machines connected on the server. is this number high for datasnap or is it normal ?
thanks,
viana

viana wrote:
as far as i have researched, it appears to be a problem caused by
some question about DHCP ; it seems that a client machine looses its
IP and then the connection with the server is broken.
If that is try the lease time for the IP address must be very short.
Get the network administrator to set the lease time to one week or at
least some value that is much longer than the lenght of time a client
would ever stay connected.

i don't know how to proceed as i already tried a lot of things to
solve it, but still remains.

my customers usually have about 30 client machines connected on the
server. is this number high for datasnap or is it normal ?
I have not had contact with enough datasnap apps to know where 30 falls
in the range of apps that are in production. Sorry.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)