Start a 16-bit DLL in Turbo Pascal 1.5

how can I execute a function, which is located in a 32-bit DLL module inside
of a program build with Turbo Pascal version 1.5 (old 16-bit version for
WINDOWS)? To declare the function as "EXTERNAL" or to load the complete DLL
with "LOADLIBRARY" (API-function) is not possible and both methodes show an
error message on display.
Is there an other function to load a module without any restrictions of 16
or 32-Bit modules?
Please send EMail to: XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Best regards
Thilo

Re:Start a 16-bit DLL in Turbo Pascal 1.5

Thilo Stahn schrieb:

how can I execute a function, which is located in a 32-bit DLL module inside
of a program build with Turbo Pascal version 1.5 (old 16-bit version for
WINDOWS)? To declare the function as "EXTERNAL" or to load the complete DLL
with "LOADLIBRARY" (API-function) is not possible and both methodes show an
error message on display.

Is there an other function to load a module without any restrictions of 16
or 32-Bit modules?

Please send EMail to: XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Hello!
1. normally messages in NGs are answered where they are posted: in NGs.
2. to your main question: this is possible but not trivial, since it
needs a process called thunking. But unluckily I have never done this
so far and thus don't know anything about it. What OS are you using?
How big is the application? Is 16 Bit support still necessary?
Greetings
Markus

Re:Start a 16-bit DLL in Turbo Pascal 1.5

"Thilo Stahn" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht

how can I execute a function, which is located in a 32-bit DLL module
inside
of a program build with Turbo Pascal version 1.5 (old 16-bit version
for
WINDOWS)? To declare the function as "EXTERNAL" or to load the complete
DLL
with "LOADLIBRARY" (API-function) is not possible and both methodes
show an
error message on display.

External is the best.
Did you use the far call model?
Is there an other function to load a module without any restrictions of
16
or 32-Bit modules?

Please send EMail to: XXXX@XXXXX.COM

The help file is quite clear on how to use dll's
I suggest you read them yourself. There is a topic on "using dll's" and
on 32-BIT

{smallsort}