DBE in use

2006-02-23 08:42:38 PM
off-topic7
Hello,
I need to know if the BDE engine is in use by any application. Is there
any method to get this information?
Thanks for any idea.
Martin

Re:DBE in use

Hi Martin,
When you say in use do you mean that a program currently running is using
the BDE or do you mean a program is installed on a machine that will use the
BDE when launched.
If you are talking the first one then you could do something like
GetModuleCount() on the idapi.dll if you are talking the second one then you
would check the reference count in the registry.
Out of interest why do you need to know ?? Please tell me its not for an
uninstall routine !!
Leslie.
"Martin Roller" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,

I need to know if the BDE engine is in use by any application. Is there
any method to get this information?

Thanks for any idea.

Martin

Re:DBE in use

Thanks a lot, I'll try it. Here is the reason of my question. I need to
manipulate (change to other file) with the config file because of it's
size limitation. And I need to know if somebody (application) doesn't
use BDE.
Martin Roller

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello,
>
>I need to know if the BDE engine is in use by any application. Is there
>any method to get this information?
>
>Thanks for any idea.
>
>Martin

{smallsort}