QC 37181 appears duplicated in QC clients.

Look at:-
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
QC37181 appears twice (also, twice in Jed,QC!) and, the comments for
the report are duplicated!
My 'needle in haystack' guess would be the nonstandard character in the
posters surname...
- Roddy

Re:QC 37181 appears duplicated in QC clients.

In article <459d63a6$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, "Roddy Pratt" <>wrote:
Look at:-

qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

QC37181 appears twice (also, twice in Jed,QC!) and, the comments for
the report are duplicated!

My 'needle in haystack' guess would be the nonstandard character in the
posters surname...
Put this in QC, and I'll pester JK about it. ;)
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Re:QC 37181 appears duplicated in QC clients.

QC37181 appears twice (also, twice in Jed,QC!) and, the comments for
the report are duplicated!
FWIW I can confirm this both with the webclient and with JED, QC. No clue
why that report appears twice.

{smallsort}

Re:QC 37181 appears duplicated in QC clients.

Report No: 38336 Status: Reported
QC37181 appears twice!
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Done...

Roddy Pratt wrote:
Look at:-

qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

QC37181 appears twice (also, twice in Jed,QC!) and, the comments for
the report are duplicated!

My 'needle in haystack' guess would be the nonstandard character in
the posters surname...

- Roddy
Please check it again. I removed the nonstandard character from the
name but I still get two copies showing up in web client. I only have
one copy showing up in the QCWindows client.
please let me know
thanks
--
Rob Schieck (TeamB)

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, "Roddy Pratt" <>wrote:
Report No: 38336 Status: Reported
QC37181 appears twice!
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

Done...
Opened... Pestering to commence in...
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
I removed the nonstandard character from the
name but I still get two copies showing up in web client.
Curiouser and curiouser. Will look tomorrow if I'm well enough.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com

Re:QC 37181 appears duplicated in QC clients.

Well, JED,QC still shows it twice, but something HAS changed:-
Previously, it was listed twice in JED,QC : once with the name poster's
name as "pa os" ( pa<space>os ), and once as "panos" with the
doohickey on the 'n'. (somebody enlighten me on the technical term,
please)
Following your change, it's still listed twice, but as "pa os" in both
cases.
- Roddy

Re:QC 37181 appears duplicated in QC clients.

<Roddy Pratt>wrote
... and once as "panos" with the doohickey on the 'n'.
(somebody enlighten me on the technical term, please)
Tilde?

Re:QC 37181 appears duplicated in QC clients.

John Herbster wrote:
Tilde?
Of course. I was having a blonde moment.
Thanks,

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
Please check it again. I removed the nonstandard character from the
name but I still get two copies showing up in web client. I only have
one copy showing up in the QCWindows client.
The server must be returning 2 copies of that record for 2 to be
showing in my client.
--
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm
QualityCentral Windows Client: www.jed-software.com/qc.htm

JED wrote:
The server must be returning 2 copies of that record for 2 to be
showing in my client.
Thats what I would have said, but it didn't seem to show up as two
copies in the QCWin client..
I have set up to get a refresh of the QC database so I can have a peek
a the raw query to see what is really going on....
I suspect this is going to be really really interesting.
thanks
--
Rob Schieck (TeamB)

Re:QC 37181 appears duplicated in QC clients.

Fixed
Rob