CodeSense misses some entries (functions declarations most probably)

Hello,
I hope you can provide me some explanations regarding the strange behaviour
of CodeSense:
when I create a new library database for C or C++ language
(Customize->CodeSense Global Configuration...), select my project directory
as "Library Root:", select C or C++ "Language", check both "Full Source
(C/C++ Only)" and "Include Subfolders when Scanning (Directory Only)"
checkboxes, ooh, CodeSense misses some entries. That is difficult to
formalize what it skips, but most probably it misses functions declarations,
though the containing header files are listed in Library Database Properties
dialog.
Everything worked properly before (so, listed both declaration and
definition at hovering mouse pointer over a function), but had started to
show definition only at some moment.
Are there any possibilities to make sure CodeSense is configured ok and make
some suppositions of the reasons why CodeSense behaves like this?
I hope some readers of this newsgroup experienced the same problems and had
found the ways to explain that enigmatical behaviour.
Regards,
r.