'Compiler' setting not retained in project

For some reason, my Codewright projects will no longer retain the "Compiler"
setting. When I change from one project to another within my project space,
and invoke the "Compile" command, I get the error:
"No `Compiler' command assigned to current file type."
If I then go into the Project Properties...Tools tab, and select "Compile"
from the "Category" dropdown, my desired compiler is shown in the "Name:"
dropdown, and I can click OK and then all works fine.
But when I switch to another project, then back, I get the error message
again.
What is is in my .pjt file that isn't being persisted?
Chuck