Root folder location issue

2007-04-17 12:03:43 PM
off-topic4
The development PCs in the office here are not set up identically. For example my projects folder is on D: and my
colleagues' on C:
I 'Placed' a project into Starteam using Starteam Client. My colleague cannot use Starteam Client to 'Pull' or managed
the project because he does not have a D: partition. From within BDE, he can Pull the project onto his C:\projects folder.
However always using Starteam from within BDE is not sufficient, we need the extra features of Starteam Client.
Is there any way to get Starteam Client to ignore the absolute drive path issue? (the rest of the path to the project
folder is exactly the same, just the drive letter differs)
tia,
Andy

Re:Root folder location issue

Hi Andy,
Is there any way to get Starteam Client to ignore the absolute drive path issue? (the rest of the path to the project
folder is exactly the same, just the drive letter differs)
With your project open in the StarTeam Client, go View->Properties,
then click Alternate button (on Working Folder group) and type the
desired root folder location and click OK. That will change view's
root folder only on your local workstation, without affecting the
others.
Hope This Helps,
Vladimir