EDBEngine Error when trying to Open BDE Administrator

2007-02-21 11:10:51 PM
off-topic6
Trouble after installing an application (dBASE Plus) That uses BDE
Version 5.2.02 on a Windows Vista Machine (other apps and the BDE
administrator ran fine before the install)
I'm assuming I missed something when creating the setup program but
I don't have a clue since I'm fairly certain it is the same as other
applications I've built.
When I attempt to open the BDE Administrator I get the message
Exception EDBEngineError in module BDEADMIN.EXE at 00054F92. Could not
find object.
This is followed by
Runtime error 216 at 0003399A
I checked the registry and entries point to the proper folder. There
does not appear to be a permissions problem in the folder (I granted
full access rights to all users.) I tried
renaming the idapi32.cfg file and starting the BDE administrator. Then
I get an error saying the idapi32 cannot be found. I click OK and get
the same error as above.
To fix, I deleted the BDE folder from "PRogram Files\common", and
deleted the Borland registry key...then re-installed using a known good
install program.
--
Paul Van House
remove "_removeme_" for e-mail replies

Re:EDBEngine Error when trying to Open BDE Administrator

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
Trouble after installing an application (dBASE Plus) That uses BDE
Version 5.2.02 on a Windows Vista Machine (other apps and the BDE
administrator ran fine before the install)
I'm assuming I missed something when creating the setup program but
When I attempt to open the BDE Administrator I get the message

Exception EDBEngineError in module BDEADMIN.EXE at 00054F92. Could not
find object.
I found the problem. My install program was making an extra entry in
the registry under HKLM\Software\borland\drivers. I removed that line
from the registry and everything works.
This was NOT a Vista problem...it caused problems on XP as well. Just a
stupid mistake when creating the setup routine.