QC problem?

2007-03-31 01:40:53 AM
off-topic4
Are there any problems with QC now?
I cannot login using QCWinClient - it says that wrong login/password.
Thank you.
--
Regards,
Dimitry Timokhov

Re:QC problem?

Dimitry Timokhov wrote:
Are there any problems with QC now?

I cannot login using QCWinClient - it says that wrong login/password.

Thank you.

JED QC works fine, so I'd guess it's a faulty QCWinClient.
In fact, if you're using 1.0.1.20 which ships with Delphi 2007, I'd
advise you to ditch it altogether: has a known bug that crops the
reports... Try JED QC for a pleasant change! :)
(www.jed-software.com/qc_download.htm)

Re:QC problem?

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
Fernando Madruga wrote:

>In fact, if you're using 1.0.1.20 which ships with Delphi 2007, I'd
>advise you to download the latest version 1.0.1.21

HEY! You're making it "sound" as if *I* said that! :) Even though JED QC
is far from perfect and has a couple minor graphical nuisances, it still
outperforms the QCWinClient by a long shot! Now that I've tried JED QC,
there's *no* way I'll go back! (Well, unless you guys make some change
to QC and JEDQC stops working and is not updated! :) )
BTW: Since the 1.0.1.20 client *did* come with Delphi 2007, shouldn't it
be updated from the Delphi 2007 updates? Until you do so, many more
people will be installing the 1.0.1.20 instead and keep using it...

{smallsort}

Re:QC problem?

Looks like the membership services is having a problem
If you uncheck the "cnd login" box on the login dialog, you should be
able to get in.
hth
Rob
Dimitry Timokhov wrote:
Are there any problems with QC now?

I cannot login using QCWinClient - it says that wrong login/password.

Thank you.
--
Rob Schieck (TeamB)

Re:QC problem?

Fernando Madruga wrote:
Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
>Fernando Madruga wrote:
>
>>In fact, if you're using 1.0.1.20 which ships with Delphi 2007,
>>I'd advise you to download the latest version 1.0.1.21

HEY! You're making it "sound" as if I said that! :) Even though JED
QC is far from perfect and has a couple minor graphical nuisances, it
still outperforms the QCWinClient by a long shot! Now that I've tried
JED QC, there's no way I'll go back! (Well, unless you guys make some
change to QC and JEDQC stops working and is not updated! :) )

BTW: Since the 1.0.1.20 client did come with Delphi 2007, shouldn't
it be updated from the Delphi 2007 updates? Until you do so, many
more people will be installing the 1.0.1.20 instead and keep using
it...
Sorry, my mistake, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth...
WRT having it download via automatic updates... not sure how that works
at this time. I will look into it.
--
Rob Schieck (TeamB)

Re:QC problem?