QC # 11049 - new refactoring

2005-02-22 08:38:19 PM
off-topic12
Is this something others also want? Enough to open it?
-Atle

Re:QC # 11049 - new refactoring

Atle Smelvfr wrote:
Is this something others also want? Enough to open it?

-Atle
It is implemented !
Just delete all Codelines inside the implementationpart of your Method.
Then Save the File and Delphi would delete the Headers in both,
implementation and interface part.
- thilo

Re:QC # 11049 - new refactoring

Atle Smelvfr wrote:
Is this something others also want? Enough to open it?
I marked it as needing attention but it needs to be clarified a little
and I don't have time just yet.
Note there is no real hurry for feature requests being promoted since
Borland are working on a bug fix patch. In around 2-4 weeks you'll see
a lot of the feature requests in QC either close as "won't do" or
"opened" (and Borland still mightn't do!).
Just remember that the sysops just open the reports - we try to
influence where possible but it's totally up to Borland as to whether
an opened report gets actually done or not.
--
QC Client: www.alphalink.com.au/~jed/QC/
Blog: jedqc.blogspot.com/

{smallsort}

Re:QC # 11049 - new refactoring

Thank you for marking it.
I understand that they are working on a bug fix patch now. And I don't
expect to see it in the next update. It's rather a wish for the next Delphi
version, or the update after the next one.
Since refactoring is something that both Microsoft and Borland are doing
right now, it wouldn't hurt Borland to have more refactoring than Microsoft.
Having more is always good, but having a stabil and fast working environment
is the nr. 1 thing to work on.
So my suggestion is:
1. Speed up the IDE work process. Everything should be done in an instance,
or if not possible, in the background in a thread without interferring with
normal work (disconnecting the features the threads are working on from the
IDE while the threads are working).
2. Clean up all the bugs, and first all memory leaks.
3. New features that is easy to implement.
If Borland gives the D2005 people some extra features because of the current
stability, and the fact that they had to wait all this time for it to be
fixed. I'm sure it will help on the damage they have done, and show that
they do care about paying customers.
But ofcourse, if point 3 will delay Borland in the next version release I
would rather have them spend time there since .NET 2.0 is very important,
and I would really like partial classes and the new ASP.NET design. I've not
startet using ASP.NET yet because of annoying problems that are resolved in
.NET 2.0.
Best of luck to Borland.
-Atle