2004 Conference Sessions Online

2003-11-30 02:46:56 AM
off-topic15
It would be very helpful for those of us that cannot afford the time or
money to go to next year's conference if the conference sessions and
speeches were available online, like this year's PDC.
(originally posted in .Delphi.non-tech)
-Johnnie

Re:2004 Conference Sessions Online

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:46:56 -0800, "Johnnie Norsworthy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
, like this year's PDC.
As in what is found here --
microsoft.sitestream.com/PDC2003/Default.htm
Nick Hodges - TeamB
Lemanix Corporation
Please always follow the newsgroup guidelines --
www.borland.com/newsgroups

wrote:

>, like this year's PDC.

As in what is found here --

microsoft.sitestream.com/PDC2003/Default.htm
Just like that would be great!

{smallsort}

Re:2004 Conference Sessions Online

Completely agree!
It would be very helpful for those of us that cannot afford the time or
money to go to next year's conference if the conference sessions and
speeches were available online, like this year's PDC.
-Johnnie

Re:2004 Conference Sessions Online

I attended Borcon, and still haven't heard the URL for that site. I need
access for work related purposes, so I'm hoping to see the CD-ROM arrive
soon.
Kirk Halgren

Kirk Halgren wrote:
I attended Borcon, and still haven't heard the URL for that site. I
need access for work related purposes
You should send email to DavidI.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase 7 supports long-running transactions; read more here:
delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$379

Re:2004 Conference Sessions Online

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. vertexsoftware.com]>
wrote in message news:3fcdefed$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Kirk Halgren wrote:

>I attended Borcon, and still haven't heard the URL for that site. I
>need access for work related purposes

You should send email to DavidI.

Rather, he should have already sent the
follow-up e-mail to us.
He said he was going to get it out right away.
--
Thanks,
Brad White

Re:2004 Conference Sessions Online

He said he was going to get it out right away.

I think he said (or at least meant) ASAP.
After BorCon US he did BorCon Europe, some other European trips,
Thanksgiving vacation,
he's in the office this week, next week he's doing stuff in Europe again
(BorCon France, etc).
On the other hand, the post con CD is almost done. Hang in a little bit
longer.
Thanks!
--
Anders Ohlsson - Borland Developer Relations - bdn.borland.com/
Borland Software Corporation - www.borland.com/ - Excellence Endures

"Johnnie Norsworthy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >a écrit dans le message news:
3fc8e99e$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
It would be very helpful for those of us that cannot afford the time or
money to go to next year's conference if the conference sessions and
speeches were available online, like this year's PDC.

(originally posted in .Delphi.non-tech)

-Johnnie

Re:2004 Conference Sessions Online

Can someone tell me what is on the CD and if it can be purchased by non
BorCon attendees?
Thank you,

Johnnie Norsworthy wrote:
Can someone tell me what is on the CD
Copies of most papers and slide shows presented at the conference.
and if it can be purchased by
non BorCon attendees?
In the past it has been available from shop.borland.com, but
has been fairly expensive (~$300).
Note that if there's a particular session you're interested in you can
simply ask the author for copies of the paper/slideshow.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
How to ask questions the smart way:

wrote in message news:3fcf46ac$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Johnnie Norsworthy wrote:

>Can someone tell me what is on the CD

Copies of most papers and slide shows presented at the conference.

>and if it can be purchased by
>non BorCon attendees?

In the past it has been available from shop.borland.com, but
has been fairly expensive (~$300).
That price would seem quite unjustified for what is basically adverti{*word*224}t
for Borland products.
Note that if there's a particular session you're interested in you can
simply ask the author for copies of the paper/slideshow.
I didn't go to BorCon so I don't know who/what to ask for. I'll search for
a BorCon link and see if this presenter information is available online.

Re:2004 Conference Sessions Online

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:01:42 -0800, "Johnnie Norsworthy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
That price would seem quite unjustified for what is basically adverti{*word*224}t
for Borland products.
The Conference Proceedings are not "advertisments for Borland
products". The proceedings CD contains all the technical content from
all the talks given at the conference, including papers, slides, and
code.
Nick Hodges - TeamB
Lemanix Corporation
Please always follow the newsgroup guidelines --
www.borland.com/newsgroups

Re:2004 Conference Sessions Online

Johnnie Norsworthy wrote:
I just assumed these were small hour long sessions demonstrating new
software features and not real instructional classes where you could
really learn anything beyond an overview.
For an example of the type of material presented at BorCon, look at
the three papers I presented:
delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$387
delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$390
delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$394
You may or may not be interested in InterBase, but you should expect
this level of technical information in the BorCon sessions, regardless
of product.

wrote:

>That price would seem quite unjustified for what is basically
adverti{*word*224}t
>for Borland products.

The Conference Proceedings are not "advertisments for Borland
products". The proceedings CD contains all the technical content from
all the talks given at the conference, including papers, slides, and
code.
I'm sorry Nick. I meant no offense.
Could you give me an example of the "technical content" and code? This is a
serious request, I am not being flippant.
I just assumed these were small hour long sessions demonstrating new
software features and not real instructional classes where you could really
learn anything beyond an overview.
I went through a great deal of the PDC sessions online and I would call
those "basically adverti{*word*224}t". They were very informative as to new
product features and evolution paths, but weren't instructional to any great
degree. (unless I missed something there)
-Johnnie