Conference Videos

2006-01-28 04:14:37 AM
off-topic3
Everytime I try to watch one of the Borland Conference videos,
half way through the video I get Virtual Memory Low message. I
have tried on two different machines. Both have over 10GB of
hard drive space and 512MB of RAM. Are there any
prerequisites? Has anyone else seen these issues?

Re:Conference Videos

It's your video player that's causing the error. I don't know what it
requires. You
could google on your video player and that error message and see what
comes up.
The only advice I can give is to make sure that your virtual memory is
set to the
recommended 1GB (twice your RAM).

--
Anders Ohlsson - blogs.borland.com/ao/
homepages.borland.com/aohlsson/blog_beta/

Re:Conference Videos

"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
It's your video player that's causing the error. I don't know what it
requires.
I just watch it directly from the website, the Macromedia Flash Player 8 just runs.

{smallsort}

Re:Conference Videos

"tom Birch" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>It's your video player that's causing the error. I don't know what it
>requires.

I just watch it directly from the website, the Macromedia Flash Player 8 just runs.
Seems my virtual memory had been set to a fixed cache size. I have changed it to system managed and seems to have fixed the problem.

Re:Conference Videos

Seems my virtual memory had been set to a fixed cache size. I have changed it to system managed and seems to have fixed the problem.

You're welcome!
:)