Status of socket Server versions?

2005-07-06 06:00:27 AM
off-topic0
Hi
I am looking for a bit of feedback and direction on what socket server
versions to use.
Do the socket servers that come with Delphi 7 and Delphi 2005 support multi
processors or hyper threading type processors?
And can / do we have to compile it again everytime a new update patch comes
out for a particular version?
Can the Delphi 2005 version be used with Delphi 6 / 7 Apps?
Are there 3rd party socket severs that work with Delphi?
Basically i would like to know what the best socket server version is to use
with standard Delphi 7 / 2005 datasnap (midas) apps and
modern pcs (eg hyper-threading / multi processor)..
Thank you in advance for your time and replys.
Edwin

Re:Status of socket Server versions?

Which version of socket server you are using. and do you have
any problem with current version.
regds
Shailendra
"Edwin Das" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hi

I am looking for a bit of feedback and direction on what socket server
versions to use.

Do the socket servers that come with Delphi 7 and Delphi 2005 support multi
processors or hyper threading type processors?
And can / do we have to compile it again everytime a new update patch comes
out for a particular version?
Can the Delphi 2005 version be used with Delphi 6 / 7 Apps?
Are there 3rd party socket severs that work with Delphi?

Basically i would like to know what the best socket server version is to use
with standard Delphi 7 / 2005 datasnap (midas) apps and
modern pcs (eg hyper-threading / multi processor)..

Thank you in advance for your time and replys.

Edwin

Re:Status of socket Server versions?

The version that comes with Delphi 7 is 7.04.453. However in the past we
have problems with the socket server itself or the app talking to the socket
server on dual processor machines... So we looked and found a Beta Delphi 7
version done by Manuel Parma which is not distritutable but seems to fix the
problem.
So has Borland addressed this issue in newer version for Dephi? I don't know
if its an issue for other users???
I find it hard to find out what Borland have done to the socket server in
each version. So now we have bougth Delphi 2005 which comes with Socket
Server 9.0.1761.24408 So ones again the question arrises if we can install
this version on dual processor machines or does it need to be patched to
work on newer type processors.
Basically i am trying to find out if both the latest Delphi 7 and Delph 2005
socket servers have known issues on certain envrionments.
Expecially Hyper threading / dual procesoor machines... Is there a release
log somewhere of the changes Borland has made?
Can it trusted. What are other peoples experiences? Are there
alternativesTCP-IP capable datanap servers out there?
Of course i prefer to stay with standard Borland code as I think the world
of Delphi. It just that this socket server application is a mystery to me..
Regatds
Edwin.
"Shailendra" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Which version of socket server you are using. and do you have
any problem with current version.

regds
Shailendra

"Edwin Das" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am looking for a bit of feedback and direction on what socket server
>versions to use.
>
>Do the socket servers that come with Delphi 7 and Delphi 2005 support
>multi
>processors or hyper threading type processors?
>And can / do we have to compile it again everytime a new update patch
>comes
>out for a particular version?
>Can the Delphi 2005 version be used with Delphi 6 / 7 Apps?
>Are there 3rd party socket severs that work with Delphi?
>
>Basically i would like to know what the best socket server version is to
>use
>with standard Delphi 7 / 2005 datasnap (midas) apps and
>modern pcs (eg hyper-threading / multi processor)..
>
>Thank you in advance for your time and replys.
>
>Edwin

{smallsort}

Re:Status of socket Server versions?

actually, i am also looking for socket server fixes. although
my application server is not hyperthreaded/multi cpu. but it
can support hyperthreeded/multi cpu. that feature is currently
disabled. in spite of that we are facing socket server crashes.
i am looking for a solution authorized by borland.
regds

news:42cbdc9b$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...