TDecision cube Problem, again, Help please

Hi All,
I've red with a big interest one article on Borland Community
(community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27848,00.html) from Mark
Shapiro, about TDecisionCube.
But, even these tricks are great, Decision Components are not over the top.
There is no support, indeed, on TDecisonCube. That's not simplify the deal.
My configuration : Delphi 5 C/S, update pack1, French. P4 - 2.4 Gz, 1Go RAM,
w2000 Pro last SP.
I've got a big problem with TDecisionCube and TDecisionQuery. I've got an
error : 'incorrect field name' when I want to execute a
DecisionCube/TDecisionQuery.
It seems that TDecisionQuery does not support the DATEPART function in a
query where clause.
Here is my query (Sql Server - but with ORACLE the same error occurs) :
SELECT T2.des_ctg des_ctg, (DATEPART(yy, T1.dat_livr )) annee,
COUNT( T1.cod_prd )) nombre
FROM produit T1, categorie T2
WHERE T1.code_ctg=T2.code_ctg
GROUP BY T2.des_ctg, (DATEPART(yy, T1.dat_livr ))
another one gives the same error :
SELECT T1.des_budget des_budget, T3.des_rub des_rub, (SUM( T4.montant ))
montant
FROM ftbudget T1
, exercice T2
, ftrubrique T3
, ftrubbud T4
WHERE T1.code_ex=T2.code_ex
AND T4.code_rub=T3.code_rub
AND T1.code_budget=T4.code_budget
AND (DATEPART(yy, T2.debut_ex ) = '2003' AND T1.code_bu1 = '0000000002')
GROUP BY T1.des_budget, T3.des_rub
ORDER BY T1.des_budget asc, T3.des_rub asc
These queries work fine with a TQuery, but hangs with the TDecisionQuery,
precisly in procedure TXtabQuery.setSQLString(newStr: String);
(of mxqparse.pas) at the point :
ret := pQstmt.Initialize(FhDb, PChar(newstr));
if (ret = $2eaf) or (ret = $2eb7) then
FixupGroupBys
else
BDECheck(ret); { otherwise, surface the error. }
the Ret value is not equal to $2eb7 or $2eaf so program goes on
BDECheck(Ret), displays error, and next continues to 'bug'. Finally,
TDecisionGrid is empty.
If the query is :
SELECT T2.des_ctg des_ctg, T1.dat_livr, (COUNT( T1.cod_prd )) nombre
FROM produit T1, categorie T2
WHERE T1.code_ctg=T2.code_ctg
GROUP BY T2.des_ctg, T1.dat_livr
it works fine... Why ?????????????????????????????
Is there fixes for TDecisionCube ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards

Re:TDecision cube Problem, again, Help please

Forget DecisionCube. It is a weapon. I had a query (Oracle) and it wirked
fine. It seemed so, but in some constallation it forget data! They are not
displayed etc. I printed the data from my query and everything is fine.
First I thought it seemed to do with the number of records but meanwhile I
found an example with less data.
I did not found a replacement tool. Now I am using the report buillder for
cross table reports. Auf it is not really the same what DecisionCube
provides.
Regards
Nicolas