Re: Error: "The root-element does not exists"

2007-12-20 03:54:32 AM
off-topic5
I would start by opening Regedit and saving and then deleting
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\BDS\5.0]
the next time you start BDS.exe it will recreate the key but no
3rd party components will be loaded. Now you can just try re-adding
then one at a time to see which one it does not get along with.

Re:Re: Error: "The root-element does not exists"

Dennis Passmore wrote:
I would start by opening Regedit and saving and then deleting

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\BDS\5.0]

the next time you start BDS.exe it will recreate the key but no
3rd party components will be loaded. Now you can just try re-adding
then one at a time to see which one it does not get along with.
That is an extreme solution.
I suspect one of the dproj files has become corrupt. Load the IDE with
the -np parameter and see if the error still occurs.
If not, then attempt to load the last project. If that fails, shutdown
and then delete the DPROJ file for the loaded project.
--
TJSDialog - TaskDialog for other operating systems:
www.jed-software.com/jsd.htm