Re: I need a help in turbo pascal 6.0

2003-07-30 04:33:59 PM
off-topic1
XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Marcelo Rodriguez) wrote in
I have a program in turbo pascal 6.0 , but I cant print in my printer
Epson stylus 875 dc. I have Pentium IV Windows XP and Milleniun. The
next sentences dont work:

uses printer;
begin
write(lst,´hola?;
try: writeLn(lst,´hola?;
Some printers store data until there is a line- or pagefeed.
Maybe that's all.
end.
Anyone can help me?

Thanks

marcelo

HTH mcz

Re:Re: I need a help in turbo pascal 6.0

I tried with writeln but is not possible. My printer work with port usb.
Any idea??
Thanks
Marcelo

"Marcelo Rodriguez" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I tried with writeln but is not possible. My printer work with port usb.
Any idea??

Thanks

Marcelo
Have you tried sending a text file to the printer from the DOS command line?
I have not done this in a long time, but I believe the command is:
copy text.txt>lpt1:
You can also try printing from the DOS Edit command. Either method should
tell you if the printer is accessible from the command line.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: I need a help in turbo pascal 6.0

Yes I tried with dos command. I think is because I have usb port.
Anyone has the same problem?
Marcelo
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 19:50:05 -0700, Marcelo Rodriguez wrote:
Yes I tried with dos command. I think is because I have usb port. Anyone
has the same problem?

[snips]
It should be possible to have Windows map the printer so it appears as
LPT1 from within a DOS box. Check out the Windows printer configuration
pages and look for a "ports" dialog.
Apologies for the brevity, but I'm not at a Windows box right now.
--
Brian Key
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Re: I need a help in turbo pascal 6.0

Good idea! I forgot about that because I always set up my printer to allow
printing from DOS. In Windows 95 and 98, when a new printer is set up, the
setup dialog will prompt you to select whether the printer is accessible
from DOS. Did you do that, Marcelo?