Checking for Changes

2005-03-26 03:05:30 AM
off-topic10
We use a StarTeam 5.2 server without MPX currently for our source
control. I work with the Continuous Build team. We use CruiseControl
to monitor code changes and check these changes out to build. While
reading the CruiseControl manual I noticed this paragraph describing a
feature (edited for clarity - original
cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/main/configxml.html):
[This CruiseControl feature] allows optimised access to source
repositories, avoiding a full scan of the repository every scheduled
interval. A typical usage scenario is to configure the source
repository to update a single file after a commit, meaning that only a
single file need be checked [to detect changes in a project].
Is it possible to configure StarTeam to do this?, that is have it
update a single file anytime any change is commited to a project/view.
This would allow the continuous build process to just watch that one
file in order to detect changes rather than having to scan the entire
project/view.

Re:Checking for Changes

[...]

only with MPX, I think
However, you could write your own agent-type program with SDK and have your
agent program kick out the file for Cruise.
"Ben" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

[...]

{smallsort}