Hide old branched views

I have a lot of views in my project that are old branches made to fix
one issue or another. For example, let's say change request 28 is going
to take a while to resolve and will require a lot of refactoring. So I
make a branching view, make the changes while continuing maintenance in
the main view, then eventually merge the branch back into the main fork.
Nothing really unusual there, I think.
The point is, when I go to select a view, I have all these old
historical views sitting there in the menu. Over time the list grows
larger and larger and becomes harder and harder to use. Naturally I do
want to keep these views around for their historical records, but I
don't really need to use them on a normal day to day basis.
Is there a way to "close" these views or disable them or move them off
into an "attic" of some sort? Some way to keep them where I can find
them when I need them but get them out of the default listing?
Thanks.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Hide old branched views

What about changing the view access rights so only a special
admin group/login has view access. If the access rights are
done so only that special group can see the view, then they
should be "invisible" to everyone but still preserved.
That might be a workaround for what you want to do.
"David Hegland" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
There is no way to hide views.
There certainly ought to be but there isn't.

"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:43fa0437$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I have a lot of views in my project that are old branches made to fix one
>issue or another. For example, let's say change request 28 is going to
>take a while to resolve and will require a lot of refactoring. So I make a
>branching view, make the changes while continuing maintenance in the main
>view, then eventually merge the branch back into the main fork. Nothing
>really unusual there, I think.
>
>The point is, when I go to select a view, I have all these old historical
>views sitting there in the menu. Over time the list grows larger and
>larger and becomes harder and harder to use. Naturally I do want to keep
>these views around for their historical records, but I don't really need
>to use them on a normal day to day basis.
>
>Is there a way to "close" these views or disable them or move them off
>into an "attic" of some sort? Some way to keep them where I can find them
>when I need them but get them out of the default listing?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Hide old branched views

[...]

{smallsort}

Re:Hide old branched views

Gets you a red "X" but does not hide the view.
I wish it did, but it doesn't.
"Ron" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

What about changing the view access rights so only a special
admin group/login has view access. If the access rights are
done so only that special group can see the view, then they
should be "invisible" to everyone but still preserved.

That might be a workaround for what you want to do.

"David Hegland" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>There is no way to hide views.
>There certainly ought to be but there isn't.
>
>"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:43fa0437$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>I have a lot of views in my project that are old branches made to fix one
>>issue or another. For example, let's say change request 28 is going to
>>take a while to resolve and will require a lot of refactoring. So I make
>>branching view, make the changes while continuing maintenance in the main
>>view, then eventually merge the branch back into the main fork. Nothing
>>really unusual there, I think.
>>
>>The point is, when I go to select a view, I have all these old
>>historical
>>views sitting there in the menu. Over time the list grows larger and
>>larger and becomes harder and harder to use. Naturally I do want to
>>keep
>>these views around for their historical records, but I don't really need
>>to use them on a normal day to day basis.
>>
>>Is there a way to "close" these views or disable them or move them off
>>into an "attic" of some sort? Some way to keep them where I can find
>>them
>>when I need them but get them out of the default listing?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>--
>>Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Hide old branched views

Ron wrote:
What about changing the view access rights so only a special
admin group/login has view access.
That is indeed a good idea, but on this project I would be the special
admin group, so it wouldn't help me much. ;-)
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Hide old branched views

Is it possible to revive deleted views? may be by tweaking in database??