QC 13775 - BCB CPP Compiler speed in Ide

QC13775 has been confirmed to still exist in the BCB Preview in BDS2006, and
despite a 'patch' package being developed and released for the bug by Andrew
Hausladen, it's still only marked as "Reported".
Reporting the bug via QC in June doesn't seem to have been enough to get it
noticed, so what steps should I take to ensure that the problem - and
solution - get some attention before the official BDS2006 BCB release.
- Roddy

Re:QC 13775 - BCB CPP Compiler speed in Ide

QC13775 has been confirmed to still exist in the BCB Preview in BDS2006
QC13775 is now open.
- Matthias

Re:QC 13775 - BCB CPP Compiler speed in Ide

"Matthias Thoma" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
QC13775 is now open.
Thanks Matthias,
In future, what would you recommend I do to ensure that my bug reports don't
end up in limbo for 6 months?
From my perspective, I'd like to see some immediate 'triage' on new QC
reports, so that the poster has some idea of the what may (or may not)
happen about his report, and ideally, when. Just leaving these as "reported"
doesn't send a good message to a customer who's taken time to enter a
report.
- Roddy

{smallsort}

Re:QC 13775 - BCB CPP Compiler speed in Ide

Hello Roddy,
In future, what would you recommend I do to ensure that my bug reports
don't end up in limbo for 6 months?
From my POV: Write a comment. A lot of people search for "new comments" from
time to time. Ask people to vote for your bug is even better :-).
From my perspective, I'd like to see some immediate 'triage' on new QC
reports, so that the poster has some idea of the what may (or may not)
happen about his report, and ideally, when. Just leaving these as
"reported" doesn't send a good message to a customer who's taken time to
enter a report.
My perspecitive is the same as yours. Not everyone with the ability to open
bugs is a Borland employee. I am also a customer.
- Matthias