Show deleted records only

2006-03-24 03:52:11 AM
off-topic3
How can I view dBase deleted records only in a grid with a Ttable?
thanks in advance,
John

Re:Show deleted records only

Look here:
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,17805,00.html
"John Donaldson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How can I view dBase deleted records only in a grid with a Ttable?

thanks in advance,
John

Re:Show deleted records only

The key word to this question is 'ONLY'.
We want to just see the deleted records only in the grid. We do not want to
see deleted records and undelted records together in the same grid. The
users want to be able to browse the deleted records only and undelete
selected records. When they undeleted a record it would then disappear from
the grid as it is no longer deleted.
As we are dealing with dBase records, research has indicated that an
expression index may work, although I am unalbe to find the code. Another
approach would be a filter, still no code.
thanks,
John Donaldson

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>How can I view dBase deleted records only in a grid with a Ttable?
>
>thanks in advance,
>John

{smallsort}

Re:Show deleted records only

"John Donaldson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How can I view dBase deleted records only in a grid with a Ttable?

thanks in advance,
John

Hi
I show deleted record in a grid and color them differently so maybe you
could do something along similar lines to only show them.
I use JvBdeUtils.pas from Jedi to show the deleted records in dbase tables.
Use to show/hide deleted:
DataSetShowDeleted(tblBrowse, True)
DataSetShowDeleted(tblBrowse, False);
Then there is a Record.Deleted property or something that you may be able to
filter on.

Re:Show deleted records only

Andy,
Where might i find this JvBdeUtils.pas from Jedi ?
Currently,
I have essentially coded the requested functionality by populating a field i
create and hide called "deleted". then i set a filter to deleted=true and
we have our delteted records only. Beta testing will tell if this approach
is sound although I was looking for something more robust.
thanks,
John
"Andy Vines" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

"John Donaldson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>How can I view dBase deleted records only in a grid with a Ttable?
>
>thanks in advance,
>John

Hi

I show deleted record in a grid and color them differently so maybe you
could do something along similar lines to only show them.

I use JvBdeUtils.pas from Jedi to show the deleted records in dbase
tables.

Use to show/hide deleted:
DataSetShowDeleted(tblBrowse, True)
DataSetShowDeleted(tblBrowse, False);

Then there is a Record.Deleted property or something that you may be able
filter on.

Re:Show deleted records only

"John Donaldson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
Where might i find this JvBdeUtils.pas from Jedi ?
John D,
Do you know how to Google?
www.google.com/search
Rgds, JohnH

Re:Show deleted records only

Yes John, I did and when I could not find it I asked where I could find it.
"John Herbster" <herb-sci1_at_sbcglobal.net>wrote in message

"John Donaldson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote

>Where might i find this JvBdeUtils.pas from Jedi ?

John D,

Do you know how to Google?
www.google.com/search

Rgds, JohnH

Re:Show deleted records only

"John Donaldson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
Yes John, I did and when I could not find it I asked where I could find
it.
I Googled
www.google.com/search
and noticed that SourceForge seemed to be the place, so I added
SourceForge to the search
www.google.com/search
and found following URL at the top of the list of hits:
cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jvcl/dev/restructured/source/
The file that you are looking for, JvBdeUtils.pas, is in the
list of files in the above URL that can be downloaded.
Rgds, JohnH

Re:Show deleted records only

Thanks! That got it,
John D

John Donaldson schrieb:
is sound although I was looking for something more robust.
something more robust would be a _real_ versioning/journalling
strategy. I have to do so with nearly all data. No deleting allowed.
Just a transfer from the "current" tables to the "deleted/journal"
tables.
I'd advise you to think about a good SQL-Server as backend. If money
is a question here, take a look at Firebird. There you can implement
all this logic on database-level and can possibly save several 1000s
of code-lines.
ciao,
Andr?