BDE not enough space

2004-07-23 09:52:34 PM
off-topic10
Hello,
When i install the BDE
I have an error : There is not enough space on hard drive.
Is someone konw where is the problem and how i can solve it?
Thank you very much
Regards

Re:BDE not enough space

Pascal wrote:
When i install the BDE
I have an error : There is not enough space on hard drive.
if it's an *old* BDE version, before version 4.x, you can get that type
of error trying to install when the Windows Temp folder points to a
volume that's over 2 gig in size..
point the Windows Temp to a drive that's 2 gig or smaller (or a zip
drive, burnable CD, flash drive on a USB, etc) to do the install.. or
get a later BDE version <g>
Diamond Software Group
www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
Paradox Support & Sales - Corel CTech Paradox
Diamond Sports Gems
www.diamondsg.com/gemsmain.htm
Trading Cards and other Sports Memorabilia

Re:BDE not enough space

"Pascal" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news:410118b4$2
@newsgroups.borland.com:
I have an error : There is not enough space on hard drive.
I've just ignored that error in the past and installed anyway. Seems to
work ok.
--
Iman

{smallsort}

Re:BDE not enough space

Hi Bill, the name of the poster is Reinaldo Yañez (me, myself and I :))
Best Regards,
Reinaldo Yañez
:))
"Bill Todd (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
This happens when the free space on the hard drive is close to a
multiple of 4 gb. The only solution is to increase or reduce the
amount of free space.

There is another solution posted in Code Central (I cannot recall the
name of the poster) that you can try. For more information search any
of the archives for this newsgroup. There was a discussion a couple
of months ago.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:BDE not enough space

"Reinaldo Yañez" wrote:
Hi Bill, the name of the poster is Reinaldo Yañez (me, myself and I :))
Best Regards,
Reinaldo Yañez
welcome back.. can you tell us anything about how well your app has been working
for people??
Steven Green - Waldorf Maryland USA
Diamond Software Group
www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
Paradox Support & Sales - Corel CTech Paradox
Diamond Sports Gems
www.diamondsg.com/gemsmain.htm
Trading Cards and other Sports Memorabilia

Re:BDE not enough space

Hi Steven, I have received a LOT of emails saying "thanks for the patch" and
things like that. (It feels nice to be able to help) The patch is
intended to work on WinNT, WinXP, Win2000, W Millenium but NOT under
Windows 95, 98 (there is a limitation in these O.S. regarding the patch of
memory above a certain address)
I have had no complaints from the people who use the patch on WinNT, WinXP,
Win2000, W Millenium but also received about ten emails telling me that
the patch does not work on W95/98. It is my fault, since I forgot to state
it clearly in the documentation.
As a matter of fact, i know precisely how to make the patch work on W95/98
but I am indeed very very very busy to do the changes to the code. Sorry for
that...
Best Regards,
Reinaldo

"Reinaldo Yañez" wrote:
Hi Steven, I have received a LOT of emails saying "thanks for the patch" and
things like that. (It feels nice to be able to help)
excellent.. that's what we've been waiting to hear.. now we can recommend it
with more confidence.. a friend did something similar (Lesspace.exe) several
years ago, with a small exe that tricks the old DOS Engine and ParadoxDOS, and
it had a major impact on ParadoxDOS usage under Win95/98.. Win98 SE and all
later versions don't seem to have the problem, but Lesspace allowed us to get to
that point..
your little app will help *many* people.. I'll add a link on my Links page the
next time I make changes there..
The patch is intended to work on WinNT, WinXP, Win2000, W Millenium but NOT
under Windows 95, 98 (there is a limitation in these O.S. regarding the
patch of memory above a certain address)
that's what my tests showed, too, but I never saw any feedback here to confirm
it, and I didn't want to broadcast my results w/o any backup, or comments from
you..
As a matter of fact, i know precisely how to make the patch work on W95/98
but I am indeed very very very busy to do the changes to the code.
let us know, if and when you do it, and we'll tell the world!
Steven Green - Waldorf Maryland USA
Diamond Software Group
www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
Paradox Support & Sales - Corel CTech Paradox
Diamond Sports Gems
www.diamondsg.com/gemsmain.htm
Trading Cards and other Sports Memorabilia

Re:BDE not enough space

Hi Reinaldo, thank you very much for this patch.
I've been using for quite a while now with dBASE PLUS.
I understand dBASE has even put your code directly in their development
platform for their next release. If that's true, it will find its way into
thousands of computers. I believe it is a must have for anyone using the
BDE.
Thanks again,
--
Rich...