Re: Conference Update

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] wrote:
Quite a bit to arrange, but I agree that would be cool.
I really like that idea.
Doesn't necessarily need to be a {*word*190}, but could be some problem to
solve all developers would love ;)
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Re: Conference Update

Mike Williams (TeamB) wrote:
Or a completely different clue in every single session to encourage
clue sharing at meal time, etc.
Yes, great way to encourage networking/collaboration.
--

John Kaster (Borland/DevCo) wrote:
Wayne Niddery [TeamB] wrote:

>Quite a bit to arrange, but I agree that would be cool.

I really like that idea.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a {*word*190}, but could be some problem to
solve all developers would love ;)
Like the trivia contest at Nashville? Star Wars, ISTR. Mebbe Office
Space or Princess Bride.
And you John, in the former case would have to ensure that you're
wearing the right amount of "flair" :)
--
John Wester
- Life is complex. It has real and imaginary parts.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Conference Update

John Wester [Group W] wrote:
And you John, in the former case would have to ensure that you're
wearing the right amount of "flair" :)
John, you said I needed 15 pieces of flair, and I have 15 pieces of
flair.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo

Re:Re: Conference Update

John Kaster (Borland/DevCo) wrote:

Doesn't necessarily need to be a {*word*190}, but could be some problem to
solve all developers would love ;)
Nah, let's do a {*word*190}! <g>
(I think it's fun to have some diversion *other* than programming during the
conference).
Hmmm, let's see: Who {*word*190}ed Frank Borland? <g>
--
Wayne Niddery - Winwright, Inc (www.winwright.ca)
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go

Re:Re: Conference Update

"Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

John, you said I needed 15 pieces of flair, and I have 15 pieces of
flair.

"Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express
yourself."....
:)
Tom

Re:Re: Conference Update

Hi John,
Doesn't necessarily need to be a {*word*190}, but could be some problem to
solve all developers would love ;)
Why not a {*word*190}? It sounds like the perfect time to "kill" this
so-called "Frank Borland" and make it a perfect {*word*190}... ;-)
Somewhere along the slide show, speakers could show a one or two letters
(the same one for a given timeslot), and all letters combined would make
a sentence ("Frank Borland is dead, long live DevCo") or something like
that. Darn, just gave away the punch line... ;-)
Groetjes,
Bob Swart
Blog: www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: drbob42.com/weblog.xml
New Delphi 2006 Courseware e-books at www.eBob42.com/courseware

Re:Re: Conference Update

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] wrote:
Who {*word*190}ed Frank Borland? <g>
Ooh ...
--

Bob Swart wrote:
Why not a {*word*190}? It sounds like the perfect time to "kill" this
so-called "Frank Borland" and make it a perfect {*word*190}... ;-)
Seems to be going around. I didn't want to bring that one up, but it
inevitable now!
--

Bob Swart wrote:

Why not a {*word*190}? It sounds like the perfect time to "kill" this
so-called "Frank Borland" and make it a perfect {*word*190}... ;-)
Hey! I thought of it first (or at least posted first)! <vbg>
Model it like Clue - who, where and with what.
Clues given out at sessions, but not all the same, should be random to
encourage networking (though if not careful, too many will get the answer
too soon, perhaps a limited number of *key* clues mixed in each day).
Solution could be acted out at closing session with volunteer actors.
Draw from correct entries for prizes.
--
Wayne Niddery - Winwright, Inc (www.winwright.ca)
"It used to be that other people's achievements were considered an

Re:Re: Conference Update

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] wrote:
Clues given out at sessions, but not all the same, should be random
to encourage networking (though if not careful, too many will get the
answer too soon, perhaps a limited number of key clues mixed in each
day).
Borland people could also have clues that might be given out to people
asking questions about products, getting help in the lab, etc. This
would also encourage more interaction.
--
-Mike (TeamB)

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] wrote:
>Who {*word*190}ed Frank Borland? <g>
Ooh ...
I like that idea, to be perfectly frank :-)
JoeH

Re:Re: Conference Update

>Why not a {*word*190}? It sounds like the perfect time to "kill" this
>so-called "Frank Borland" and make it a perfect {*word*190}... ;-)
Seems to be going around. I didn't want to bring that one up, but it
inevitable now!
I seem to recall that Frank Borland was {*word*190}ed at a Clipper Developer
Conference in Palm Desert, CA. (Can't remember the year). Poor fellow...
lives in seclusion and still gets killed off on a regular basis. <g>

Re:Re: Conference Update

Hi Wayne,
Hey! I thought of it first (or at least posted first)! <vbg>
You're right (but I didn't read it until I had posted my version). Would
be fun if something like that was implemented at DevCoCon...
Solution could be acted out at closing session with volunteer actors.
Too bad I'm usually no longer around at the closing session (but on my
way home - planes to Europe leave early in the morning, and I've only
twice stayed an additional night to attend the closing session)...
Groetjes,
Bob Swart
Blog: www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: drbob42.com/weblog.xml
New Delphi 2006 Courseware e-books at www.eBob42.com/courseware

Re:Re: Conference Update

Trying to solve the {*word*190} kind of thing, that might be fun.
A dinner/show place in Atlanta (Agatha's - A Taste of Mystery ) does
something like that. A small cast of charters with scripts handed outo
the dinners who supply a good bunch of laughts.