Re: New web site

Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB] wrote:
Robert Love wrote:
>Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
>>But (selected from these tabs):
>>
>>borland.ewebsmartlink.com/site/catalog/catEducationServices
>>.asp Totally different
>>shop.borland.com/ Totally different again
>>support.borland.com/kbindex.jspa Still the old look and
>>feel.
>
>So is ec.borland.com

Huh? I'm missing the borland.com tab temporarily, but I don't think
I have the wrong images.

Are you saying EC's borland-sites tabs look like the ones on one of
the 3 sites Rudy listed and not like the ones on www.borland.com/us?
That would be very strange.
That is it, just missing borland.com tab. I have even checked to see
if you have it back yet, as I just woke up ;-)
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

Re:Re: New web site

somebody wrote:
I disagree mainly because of the absolute positioning and the
extremely cheesy clipart.
What absolute positioning? On BDN, or the other sites?
What clipart? Could you provide some URLs, please?
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Re: New web site

somebody wrote:
Overall, it looks like it was deployed too early and will need 3 or 4
service packs to fix.
Since deployment of a new web interface happens whenever we want, and
without any need to coordinate with the end user, your jab is very
significantly off target, IMO.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

{smallsort}

Re:Re: New web site

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
What clipart? Could you provide some URLs, please?
I was going to say.....
Clipart?
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

Re:Re: New web site

somebody wrote:
"Florent Ouchet" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote

>www.borland.com/ seems to have a new design:
>- queek access to bdn/support.
>- list of country sites.
>
>Really a professional job...

I disagree mainly because of the absolute positioning and the extremely
cheesy clipart. Poor choice of colors for hyperlinks too. Not too bad
otherwise.

I think it *is* professional. It's a nice, clean look, and if it's not
the absolute hottest, most cutting-edge site, then I'll just assume the
folks at Borland have their priorities straight. The tools we use are
#1. The window dressing is secondary.
-- Stuart

Re:Re: New web site

www.borland.com/ seems to have a new design:
- queek access to bdn/support.
- list of country sites.

Really a professional job...
www.borland.com/us/products/alm/index.html
The ALM still seems to be focused only on JBuilder.
Perhaps it wouldn't hurt Borland to mention Delphi, if they plan to offer
ALM for it?
Lauchlan M

Re:Re: New web site

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
>Really a professional job

Glad you like it. Look at bdn.borland.com, too.
I like it too. Much better!
One small thing though. On the 'Products' dropdown you've got...
Application Lifecycle
IDE
Application Middleware
I'd change it to
Application Lifecycle
Development Environments
Application Middleware
No need have a TLA on the main page!
--
Colin - Author of XanaNews

Re:Re: New web site

Whatever it is, it's very nice. A huge improvement over the old site in both
appearance and navigation.
Good luck in Toronto.
"John Kaster (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

That's actually the oldest part of BDN. The look and feel is new for
the articles. Everything else on BDN is developed using Borland
technology.

Re:Re: New web site

At 10:48:24, 05.06.2005, Ingvar Nilsen wrote:
Vincent Parrett (VSoft Technologies) wrote:
>BTW, I just clicked on the pulse to
>vote and I see in the status bar of firefox : "Waiting for 127.0.0.1
>..." - I guess someone forgot to chang a config file or something?

Or just want to go home :)

127.0.0.1
SWEET
127.0.0.1
localhost sweet localhost?
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then

Re:Re: New web site

At 06:06:13, 06.06.2005, Nick Hodges [TeamB] wrote:
I was going to say.....

Clipart?
I guess they mean the faces on www.borland.com (guy "behind a transparent
globe") and www.borland.com/us .
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...

Re:Re: New web site

At 08:26:00, 06.06.2005, Lauchlan M wrote:
The ALM still seems to be focused only on JBuilder.

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt Borland to mention Delphi, if they plan to
offer ALM for it?
AFAIK, only the look and feel were changed right now. Contents take a
little longer. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Write a wise word and your name will live forever."

Re:Re: New web site

At 14:54:50, 05.06.2005, Ingvar Nilsen wrote:
>localhost sweet localhost?

www.getdigital.de/index/0x7c/lng/2
But 127.0.0.1 is generally known as "localhost", and not as "home",
AFAIK. Just look in your C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file (or
whevever it is on your system).
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Re:Re: New web site

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:

I guess they mean the faces on www.borland.com (guy "behind a
transparent globe") and www.borland.com/us .
Aww, that stuff's pretty tame as that stuff goes.
--

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
>I was going to say.....
>Clipart?
I guess they mean the faces on www.borland.com (guy "behind a transparent
globe") and www.borland.com/us .
Indeed. As well as all the other meaningless stock headshots on every page.
The message trying to be delivered is old hat now. Even IBM mixes it up a
little now and uses mostly context related stock.

Re:Re: New web site

Don Strenczewilk wrote:
A huge improvement over the old site in both
appearance and navigation.
Very glad you like the improvements. Thanks for the feedback.