Mercury Test Director to StarTeam change request synchronizer

Is anyone successfully using the Synchronizer functionality between Star
Team and Test Director? Part of why we purchased StarTeam was it's
advertised ability to synchronize defects directly with Test Director. At
best, our experience with this software could be described as frustrating.
Some examples of the issues we are encountering with the synchronizer are we
can't get the fields to go across that we need to, we have to run the
synchronizer twice before the ids are updated properly on both sides, we
can't get status fields to update properly, we can't get enumerated field
mappings that are supposed to go into the bugsync.ini file to work at all.
Has anyone successfully implemented and is using this software with StarTeam
2005? If so, could you please contact me.
-Rick

Re:Mercury Test Director to StarTeam change request synchronizer

I have implemented it at a couple customer sites when I used to work for
Borland. I can confirm that it is finicky and somewhat counterintuitive.
But, I can also confirm that it does do the job it claims to do. I would
strongly recommend that you seek consulting from Borland.
"Rick Langel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

[...]

We have had Borland reps at our site which have confirmed the problems I
listed. They spent a day here trying to configure the app exactly the way
the documentation says it is supposed to, and it simply doesn't work.

news:426e8282$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Is anyone successfully using the Synchronizer functionality between Star
>Team and Test Director? Part of why we purchased StarTeam was it's
>advertised ability to synchronize defects directly with Test Director.
>At best, our experience with this software could be described as
>frustrating. Some examples of the issues we are encountering with the
>synchronizer are we can't get the fields to go across that we need to, we
>have to run the synchronizer twice before the ids are updated properly on
>both sides, we can't get status fields to update properly, we can't get
>enumerated field mappings that are supposed to go into the bugsync.ini
>file to work at all. Has anyone successfully implemented and is using
>this software with StarTeam 2005? If so, could you please contact me.
>
>-Rick

{smallsort}

Re:Mercury Test Director to StarTeam change request synchronizer

Hi Rick,
I have been successful in implementing the ST<->TD syncronizer with
StarTeam 2005 (and 5.2). It did take a bit of work but it has been
working quite well. I would concur that it is a bit finicky but once
implemented it does work as advertised.
Kevin