Native I or II. How 2 discover what is running?

2005-09-10 12:11:28 AM
off-topic12
Hi,
They say it is important for backup to know
which Vault format (not sure I express myself right) is on
We had the Ver 5.4, then made upgrade to 2005
Is there any way to discover Native I or II we actually have?
Thanks,
Viktor

Re:Native I or II. How 2 discover what is running?

Viktor Khvastov wrote:
We had the Ver 5.4, then made upgrade to 2005
Is there any way to discover Native I or II we actually have?
If you did not convert the archive, then you have Native-I. You can
verify this by looking in Server Administration; if the "Start
Conversion" button is enabled then you do not have a 100% Native-II
archive.
How to ask questions the smart way:

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote:
If you did not convert the archive, then you have Native-I. You can
verify this by looking in Server Administration; if the "Start
Conversion" button is enabled then you do not have a 100% Native-II
archive.

How to ask questions the smart way:
Craig, thanks for your reply,
The matter is it wasn't me who has upgraded 5.4 to 2005, so I can't say for
sure I did :-)
The "Start conversion" button ... I dont see it at all.
Though, under "Configure server ..." there is a tab named
Native-I Vault. Does it mean I'm still having Native-I and if so
how can I convert it to II? And if not, then hm... again, how can I find it
out?
Appreciate you patience,
Viktor

{smallsort}

Viktor Khvastov wrote:
The "Start conversion" button ... I dont see it at all.
Though, under "Configure server ..." there is a tab named
Native-I Vault. Does it mean I'm still having Native-I and if so
how can I convert it to II? And if not, then hm... again, how can I
find it out?
It appears you're looking at Server Administration, which is different
than the StarTeam Server, which is what I meant to write but wrote
incorrectly. IIRC these are combined in 2005 R2, but in original 2005
they're two separate apps. Run StarTeam Server. Then you can press
"Start conversion."
Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx

Re:Native I or II. How 2 discover what is running?

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>
сообщи?сообщила ?новостях следующе?
..

It appears you're looking at Server Administration, which is different
than the StarTeam Server, which is what I meant to write but wrote
incorrectly. IIRC these are combined in 2005 R2, but in original 2005
they're two separate apps. Run StarTeam Server. Then you can press
"Start conversion."

Craig, thanks for your assistance, the button is grayed :-)