Unwanted window resizing

2006-09-27 11:06:33 PM
off-topic14
Occasionally I mistakenly select the full screen display of file
(overzealous mouse clicking). In trying to get back to the view of
multiple files I have open, I use the cascade menu option. The cascade
operation uses it's own window dimensions (width and height) that are
not the creation dimension (WinSetCreationPos's width and height).
Is there a way to set the cascade window dimensions OR a way to resize
all windows to a set dimension?
Dan

Re:Unwanted window resizing

"Dan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb:
Occasionally I mistakenly select the full screen display of file
(overzealous mouse clicking).
move the mouse pointer hardly onto opper border.
now you'll see the menu bar.
deselect "Full Screen" in the window menu.
Mai K. R.
--
und wech...

Mai K. Reiss wrote:
move the mouse pointer hardly onto opper border.
now you'll see the menu bar.
deselect "Full Screen" in the window menu.
I don't think this is issue I'm talking about.
Let me try and explain it better:
I have many windows open (some side by side and others overlapping)
with dimensions of 60 rows by 80 characters in width.
If I inadvertly make one of those files full screen, the only way I
know of to get back to the set up I had is to:
1) Run the cascade menu option which overlaps all the windows and
has dimensions of about 40 rows by 150 characters.
2) Resize each window manually.
It would be great if the cascade would retain my default dimensions or
there was a command/macro to run to reset each window automatically.

{smallsort}

Dan wrote:
Mai K. Reiss wrote:
>move the mouse pointer hardly onto opper border. now you'll see the menu
>bar. deselect "Full Screen" in the window menu.

I don't think this is issue I'm talking about.
Let me try and explain it better:

I have many windows open (some side by side and others overlapping)
with dimensions of 60 rows by 80 characters in width.
If I inadvertly make one of those files full screen, the only way I
know of to get back to the set up I had is to:
1) Run the cascade menu option which overlaps all the windows and
has dimensions of about 40 rows by 150 characters.
2) Resize each window manually.

It would be great if the cascade would retain my default dimensions or
there was a command/macro to run to reset each window automatically.
I don't know whether this helps you, but rather than using the cascade menu
option and forcing it to a customized window layout, how about simply going
back to the window layout you had before?
After maximizing one of the document windows (which seems to be what you
are talking about), you have (at least) three possibilities to go back to
how it was before:
- In the right top corner, you have two sets of three buttons. The upper
set is inside the CodeWright application window's title bar and controls
the application window. The set right beneath that is what controls the
currently visible, maximized document window. One of the three buttons (the
one in the middle) restores the maximized window to its normal size (and
all other document windows, too).
- In the left top corner, you have two icons. The upper icon is the
CodeWright icon, and clicking on it brings up the application window menu.
The lower icon is the icon of the currently maximized document window and
clicking on it brings up the document window menu. It has a Restore option;
select it.
- You can also use Alt-- (that's the Alt key together with the '-' dash
key) to open the document window menu.
Gerhard

"Dan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Mai K. Reiss wrote:
>move the mouse pointer hardly onto opper border.
>now you'll see the menu bar.
>deselect "Full Screen" in the window menu.

I don't think this is issue I'm talking about.
Let me try and explain it better:

I have many windows open (some side by side and others overlapping)
with dimensions of 60 rows by 80 characters in width.
If I inadvertly make one of those files full screen, the only way I
know of to get back to the set up I had is to:
Hmmm, I would bet, it is exactly what You're looking for.
If I understood You right, You have a very custom arrangement of your
code windows. Now You accidently hit "Full Screen" (I prefer to bind
'WinFullScreen' to ^F5, since I need it often).
IMHO, all Your other windows are still in the same order, but CW
switched to "one window full screen mode". Simply swapping back to old
view should restore exactly what you got before executing
WinFullScreen.
Or not?
I finished using the more-window mode and moved to "tabbed windows"
with version 7.5. Thus, Cascade / Tile etc. are grayed out and I
didn't found the configuration topic to tests Your situation. But I
would bet, in cascaded view it restores the arrangements as it does on
tabbed mode.
Mai K. R.
--
und wech...

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
[...]

Options 1 and 2 don't work because I cannot see the upper borders for
my file windows (maybe something I have setup wrong)
However the Alt-- options is exactly what I wanted. Thanks

Mai K. Reiss wrote:
I finished using the more-window mode and moved to "tabbed windows"
with version 7.5. Thus, Cascade / Tile etc. are grayed out and I
didn't found the configuration topic to tests Your situation. But I
would bet, in cascaded view it restores the arrangements as it does on
tabbed mode.
You're right that I'm using a customized mode and maybe not customized
enough. I tried the "tabbed windows" mode (also using version 7.5) and
although it gets rid of the Cascade option it loads new files as full
screen mode which is not what I want. I'm happy with the "both" mode
(Standard MDI and tab list) setting with the use of the Alt--
(restore). Thanks for the options though.

Dan wrote:
Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
>- In the right top corner, you have two sets of three buttons. The upper
>set is inside the CodeWright application window's title bar and controls
>the application window. The set right beneath that is what controls the
>currently visible, maximized document window. One of the three buttons (the
>one in the middle) restores the maximized window to its normal size (and
>all other document windows, too).
>- In the left top corner, you have two icons. The upper icon is the
>CodeWright icon, and clicking on it brings up the application window menu.
>The lower icon is the icon of the currently maximized document window and
>clicking on it brings up the document window menu. It has a Restore option;
>select it.
>- You can also use Alt-- (that's the Alt key together with the '-' dash
>key) to open the document window menu.

Options 1 and 2 don't work because I cannot see the upper borders for
my file windows (maybe something I have setup wrong)
Just to clarify: when the file windows are maximized, the don't have their
own borders. When I was writing about the "right top corner" and "left top
corner", I meant the CodeWright application window corner.
You probably see in the right top corner of the CodeWright application
corner three icons in the application window title bar. Right below those
(in the right corner of the menu) should be three similar buttons. The same
goes for the left top corner of the CodeWright application window: you
probably see the CodeWright icon in the left corner of the application
window title bar, and right below it, in the left corner of the menu, you
see the document window icon.
However the Alt-- options is exactly what I wanted. Thanks
Glad it helped.
Gerhard