How to replace the BDE when using Oracle 8.0.4?

Hi all,
I have an application ("big": 250 forms) running with BCB4
enterprise, oracle 8.0.4, BDE 5.01 and sql links.
I upgraded to bcb6 enterprise, and would like to migrate the
application in such a way it doesn't use the BDE anymore (BDE will
probably not exist anymore in next versions).
So I tried ADO components, it doesn't work because of an ADO big
limitation: if you have a DATE field containing 01-JAN-0001 (and I
have lots), you get an error displaying it in a grid : "Mutiple-steps
operation generated errors, check each status" (limitation due do ADO
according to what I read).
So I tried dbExpress components, Inserting on a form a TSQLConnection
component (yes, it can connect), and a TSQLClientDataSet component, in
which I tried the simple "SELECT * FROM CEC.JOBLIST" statement. I
can't activate it, he says "invalid column name". I also tried "SELECT
ID FROM CEC.JOBLIST", I get the same message (ID is the table's
primary key, and both statements work in sql worksheet).
So what? Borland says BDE comes to End-Of-Life, but there are no other
tools working, except upgrading database servers and hoping this would
work with oracle 9? I can't connect using ADO because of dates, I
can't connect via dbExpress because it does not work with oracle 8,
and I can't connect via odbc (except via ADO where dates doesn't
work).
So my question: do I have to recode everything in MS-Visual c# or
ms-access or vb ? Do I have to buy 3rd party tools (which will of
course not work with the next versions of bcb)? Or perhaps I did
something wrong and oracle 8.0 can work without bde and with bcb6
tools (and in this case, what's wrong)???????
Any help welcome,
Alain Bourgeois
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:How to replace the BDE when using Oracle 8.0.4?

You can user DOA, or ADO.