returned sequence of structs memory leak

Visibroker v4.5
Does this ring any bells with anybody on this group...
Basically I have an IDL definition for a sequence of structs. Each struct contains sequences of otherstructs, strings, enums, longs, shorts... loadsa stuff. I could post the code (will do if you need it) however you get the gist above.
the method in question *returns* one of these sequences.
Our leaks analysis tool is showing that the returned value is leaked. We assign it into _var types and I've already replaced the _var with _ptr types and explicitly called delete myself. No joy, the leak is still there under both cases.
Can anybody tell me if they previously encountered something similar? If yes, was there a workaround (idl changes not possible at this stage)? I suspect not.
Anyways, I just thought I'd throw this out there. Let me know if it rings any bells.
Cheers