Re: Difficulty with registering service applications made with Builder5 - found problem!

I wrote complaining that I was having trouble installing services generated
using the Service application wizard.
The problem turned out to be finger trouble on my part...
instead of typing: ' \\directory\appname /install' at the command prompt,
I was putting a space character after the / character. It looked like this:
' \\directory\appname / install'
This was causing the installer to throw out the attempted service
installation.
Builder 6 apps generated more meaningful error messages in the application
error logger.
Regards
Paul Hales
"Paul Hales" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi Remy

Thank you for your offer to look at an example project that highlights the
difficulties I am experience when trying to register a service application
made with C++ Builder 5.

Please find attached a sample service application project which gives the
following error message when I attempt to install it:

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Project1.exe )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description;
see Help and Support
for details.

The following information is part of the event: The operation completed
successfully. "

Regards

Paul Hales