How to get diff report of two labels

2006-08-04 09:42:15 PM
off-topic6
Is there any way to generate a report of the different files and revisions
between two labels?

Re:How to get diff report of two labels

Not an easy way that I know of. I wrote my own custom label compare
thingie.
"Ron Roth" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Is there any way to generate a report of the different files and revisions
between two labels?

Re:How to get diff report of two labels

We have two ways that we worked around not having the ability with the app
to do this --
1. Do "gets" on the two different labels and then use our diff app (we use
Beyond compare) to generate a diff report
2. Change the configuration of StarTeam to the previous day (before the
latest label was created) and run a query in ST that looks for"out of date"
files. We have not finished validating that this actually works correctly
though.
Thanks, Ron

news:44d34eb7$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Is there any way to generate a report of the different files and
>revisions
>between two labels?

{smallsort}

Re:How to get diff report of two labels

Yes, use this application located on BDN:
cc.borland.com/Item.aspx