QC activity

2007-09-28 03:21:34 AM
off-topic9
From non-tech:
I'm under the impression that CG's QC checking has
lost momentum lately (maybe they're too bussy right now?)
I see that there have been 10,000 QC reports
submitted since March 15, 2007.
How would I check the status of those reports?
Thanks,
Brad.

Re:QC activity

"Brad White" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
>I'm under the impression that CG's QC checking has
>lost momentum lately (maybe they're too busy right now?)
I see that there have been 10,000 QC reports
submitted since March 15, 2007.
How would I check the status of those reports?
Brad,
Why would you want to, or are you looking for
problems or suggestions in a specific area, or
are you looking for info that will help you offer
(constructive, I hope) criticism publicly or
otherwise (I hope) to Code Gear?
Rgds, John

Re:QC activity

Brad White wrote:
From non-tech:
>I'm under the impression that CG's QC checking has
>lost momentum lately (maybe they're too bussy right now?)

I see that there have been 10,000 QC reports
submitted since March 15, 2007.
How would I check the status of those reports?
Stats in attachments.
Unfortunately you can't query the full 10,000 reports because the
operation times out. About 1000 is the max.
The sysop activity graph gives some indication to activity as well:
qc.codegear.com/stats/sysop.aspx
--
TJSDialog - TaskDialog for other operating systems:
www.jed-software.com/jsd.htm

{smallsort}

Re:QC activity

John Herbster wrote on 9/27/2007 :
"Brad White" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote

>>I'm under the impression that CG's QC checking has
>>lost momentum lately (maybe they're too busy right now?)

>I see that there have been 10,000 QC reports
>submitted since March 15, 2007.
>How would I check the status of those reports?

Brad,

Why would you want to, or are you looking for
problems or suggestions in a specific area, or
are you looking for info that will help you offer
(constructive, I hope) criticism publicly or
otherwise (I hope) to Code Gear?

Rgds, John
I don't know what kind of time frame he is thinking of
when he says (in non-tech) that "QC checking has lost
momentum lately," but I think 10,000 QCs in the last
six months is pretty amazing. What I'd like to show
is the number that have been opened and/or resolved
out of those 10,000.
I'm open to any better ideas.
Thanks,
Brad.

Re:QC activity

DISCLAIMER: My stats will be different to non-sysops stats.
--
TJSDialog - TaskDialog for other operating systems:
www.jed-software.com/jsd.htm
Visual Forms IDE Add In: www.jed-software.com/vf.htm
Blog: jedqc.blogspot.com

Re:QC activity

JED presented the following explanation :
Brad White wrote:

>From non-tech:
>>I'm under the impression that CG's QC checking has
>>lost momentum lately (maybe they're too bussy right now?)
>
>I see that there have been 10,000 QC reports
>submitted since March 15, 2007.
>How would I check the status of those reports?

Stats in attachments.

Hmm. Not as positive as I was hoping to show.
Unfortunately you can't query the full 10,000 reports because the
operation times out. About 1000 is the max.
Thanks for trying.

The sysop activity graph gives some indication to activity as well:
qc.codegear.com/stats/sysop.aspx
This works if you have any idea of what
"Sysop activity" is. I'll run with this.
Thanks,
Brad.

Re:QC activity

Brad White wrote:
This works if you have any idea of what
"Sysop activity" is. I'll run with this.
While I don't know for sure I would expect it to be a balance of the
following:
* Modifying report status (open/closed/pending etc)
* Marking duplicates
* Accepting workarounds
Leonel will know more about what it represents.