QC is failing with "Lock manager out of room" again

I was in the middle of writing a QC report, but when I attempted to post my
report, I got this message, "Lock manager out of room."
Restarting a new instance of QC results in the same error
(ERemotableException) and the app won't even start.
This happened about 5 minutes ago (3:25pm, PST, 11/1/2006).
Can somebody please fix this?
- Dennis

Re:QC is failing with "Lock manager out of room" again

I got this message, "Lock manager out of room."
Me too :-<

"Sebastian Modersohn" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>I got this message, "Lock manager out of room."

Me too :-<

If it helps any, Allen and Nick's blogs get the same error.
--
Thanks,
Brad.

{smallsort}

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>I got this message, "Lock manager out of room."
>
>Me too :-<

If it helps any, Allen and Nick's blogs get the same error.
How could that possibly help? I *know* there's a problem, and I don't
really care if it is Borland-wide, I just want it fixed!

"Dennis Jones" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I was in the middle of writing a QC report, but when I attempted to post my
report, I got this message, "Lock manager out of room."

Can somebody please fix this?
This appears to be fixed now. Thanks to whoever who fixed it.
- Dennis

Re:QC is failing with "Lock manager out of room" again

Dennis Jones wrote:
"Lock manager out of room."
..and tell him to stay out of the room til it is fixed!
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Dennis Jones wrote:
Can somebody please fix this?
Sorry. Evidently there was a loose network cable that was causing fits.
We'll watch it more closely for a few days. We're also going to
restructure the DB server instances a bit to isolate potential outages
a bit more.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Dennis Jones wrote:
This appears to be fixed now. Thanks to whoever who fixed it.
You're welcome. The machines always seem to know when I'm not in the
office.
--

John Kaster (Borland/DTG) wrote:
You're welcome. The machines always seem to know when I'm not in the
office.
Perhaps the message should say "Lock John out of room" :-)
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re:QC is failing with "Lock manager out of room" again

or "John locked out of room"
--
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm
QualityCentral Windows Client: www.jed-software.com/qc.htm

news:454939f7$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>"Sebastian Modersohn" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
>message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>>I got this message, "Lock manager out of room."
>>
>>Me too :-<
>>

>If it helps any, Allen and Nick's blogs get the same error.

How could that possibly help?
ROTFLMAO.
That was a good one.
But seriously,
>If it helps any (in isolating the problem), Allen and Nick's blogs get
>the same error.
I *know* there's a problem, and I don't really care if it is
Borland-wide, I just want it fixed!
Do you have this problem with anything that is outside your
control? Or is it just QC that you are fixated on?
--
Still amused,
Brad.

Re:QC is failing with "Lock manager out of room" again

"Brad White" <bwhite at inebraska.com>wrote in message
But seriously,
>>If it helps any (in isolating the problem), Allen and Nick's blogs get
>>the same error.

>I *know* there's a problem, and I don't really care if it is
>Borland-wide, I just want it fixed!
Do you have this problem with anything that is outside your
control? Or is it just QC that you are fixated on?
No :-) My point was, I *knew* there was a problem (it has happened before,
and has even been reported and fixed before!!) -- I didn't ask for or want
confirmation that I was the only one experiencing it.
I felt it was dumb to say something like, "if it helps any, you're not the
only one having trouble" as I thought I had made it clear that I understood
why I was getting the error (I specifically said it was happening "again")
and asked for it to be corrected. Apparently my post wasn't clear enough,
for your post indicates you did not understand it post either. Sigh.
Thankfully, JK didn't say, "duh...is anybody else having the problem?"
- Dennis

Re:QC is failing with "Lock manager out of room" again

"John Kaster (Borland/DTG)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
Evidently there was a loose network cable that was causing fits.
I had a problem like that with a snake that had taken to resting
under my house. I made a one-way trapdoor to let it out but
not back in. It seems to have worked. <g>

David Clegg wrote:
Perhaps the message should say "Lock John out of room" :-)
That would be GREAT! :)
--

John Herbster wrote:
I had a problem like that with a snake that had taken to resting
under my house. I made a one-way trapdoor to let it out but
not back in. It seems to have worked. <g>
Network cables bear a very strong resemblance to snakes. You might have
something there ;)