Upgrade BDE Tables 5.0 to 7.0

Is there a simple way to upgrade several Paradox tables from version 5.0 to
7.0. I could do it manually, but it would take sometime because since I
would need to recreate the secondary indexes and such.
Thanks
+Mines

Re:Upgrade BDE Tables 5.0 to 7.0

Mines wrote:
Is there a simple way to upgrade several Paradox tables from version
5.0 to 7.0.
Two ways.
1) Restructure the tables and add any feature that requires version 7.
The tables will be upgraded automatically. Since using a feature that
requires version 7 is the only reason I can think of for upgrading this
should be all that you need.
2) Go to info.borland.com/support/bde/utilities.html (IIRC). There is a
utility there that will change a table's level.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Upgrade BDE Tables 5.0 to 7.0

I had just this problem recently when moving a set of files into the
profile (the path exceeded the 128 character length of Level 4/5).
I wrote a little utility to do it. You select a folder and it upgrades
any tables it finds to level 7.
I used Reinhard Kalinke's "Px7Table" component, which has a "SetLevel"
method.
tblSource.Open;
tblSource.SetLevel('7');
tblSource.Close;
All I did was iterate through the folder's contents.
... Joe
Member of the UK Borland User Group

{smallsort}