dbase exporting error 8458

I have a customer who is exporting Access data to a DBase5 file and after
they installed our software they started encountering errors: 8458
unexpected error from external db driver. We use the BDE with paradox
tables. If they rename the folder, as suggested from Microsoft, it works,
but then our package will not work. Is there a way they can both exist in
harmony?
Thank you for your time.
MS suggestion:
support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Re:dbase exporting error 8458

Amber Earles wrote:
MS suggestion:
support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
What that message really says is, "Disable every Borland product on the
machine then perhaps our software will work."
The question is, how is Acess exporting the file. The first thing to
try is scan the hard drive for IDAPI32.DLL. If you find more than one,
post the path to each one that you find and the version of each.
What version of Access are you using?
I have no idea what is causing the error. Microsoft obviously does but
since they do not tell us what the problem is I assume it is something
they are doing. One possibility is that there are multiple versions of
the BDE and that can cause a problem.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:dbase exporting error 8458

Thanks Bill. I will see what I can find out. Take care.
"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Amber Earles wrote:

>MS suggestion:
>support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

What that message really says is, "Disable every Borland product on the
machine then perhaps our software will work."

The question is, how is Acess exporting the file. The first thing to
try is scan the hard drive for IDAPI32.DLL. If you find more than one,
post the path to each one that you find and the version of each.

What version of Access are you using?

I have no idea what is causing the error. Microsoft obviously does but
since they do not tell us what the problem is I assume it is something
they are doing. One possibility is that there are multiple versions of
the BDE and that can cause a problem.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

{smallsort}